Original topic:

Tab A8 mic not working on zoom or messenger video calls

(Topic created: 06-07-2021 08:07 PM)
user8wo5fLkKDr
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

hi folks

Having previously worked fine suddenly no one can hear me in a zoom or messenger call.  I've checked all the obvious settings and i wasn't muted.  The mic is working in all other scenarios - recording videos, making a voice call via messenger - but not on either of the video calls.

Can anyone help?

60 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

If all of you will add the requested information here, it will help the engineering team isolate the problem.

Model Number:

Android Version:

Software Build #:

Zoom Version:

Messenger Version:

userBoJuahqOFk
Astronaut
Options
Tablets

I have the same problem as well since I had updated the last version.

The mic isn't working on most of the apps such as Zoom, Messenger, Due , Pubg ,so please try to fix your last version. I want to study on Zoom please 😩  I really fed up with this problem.

Tab A 2019

Model Number:SM-T290

Android Version:10

Software Build #QP1A.190711.020.T290XXU3BUE1.

I hope you can fix it as soon as possible 

usernaUZM33F3w
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Model Number: SM-T290

Android Version:10

Software Build #:QP1A.190711.020.T290XXU3BUE1

Google Meet version:45.0.328626805

My daughter has the latest version of Zoom and Skype on her tablet, reporting same issue. Same Model/Software.  So it's pretty global to any 'voice communications' type app.

All permissions for those apps are set to allow Mic.  Problem started immediately after installation of the patch to T290XXU3BUE1.

userc8JlH2x7jv
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Same problem here except that Skype and Zoom are the apps that are failing. Haven't tried webex yet, can't further annoy clients; this is a critical issue! Here's the info:

Model Number: SM-T290

Android Version: 10

Software Build #: QP1A.190711.020.T290XXU3BUE1

Zoom Version: 5.6.6.2076 (latest)

Skype Version: 8.72.0.94 (latest)

John668
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
@Anonymous what is happening?
0 Likes
usernaUZM33F3w
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Any update on this?  My daughter's tablet updated to the latest build today and her Zoom/Google Meet/Skype all stopped being able to use the mic.

All those apps are up to date.  It was the update tot he latest Samsung patch that did it.  I confirmed it on my own Tab A (2019) by testing those apps and seeing it working, then updating to the latest patch T290XXU3BUE1/T2900XM3BUC1 and confirming the mic no longer works.

The mic works in the camera, so it's not the physical mic itself broken.  All those apps permissions are set to allow mic, so it's not the apps  It's the upgrade to T290XXU3BUE1/T2900XM3BUC1 that is a direct cause of that symptom. It worked 30 seconds before upgrading, we upgraded my Tab A, and then the mic stopped working in any communications app.  

Any ETA? We're dead in the water for work/school/lessons until this is resolved.

John668
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I have the same problem too.
John668
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Wednesday morning use zoom fine.

Wednesday afternoon samsung updates my tab a8.

Thursday morning my microphone does not work in zoom.

I've lost a full hour of teaching video, and need to use zoom Monday morning.
0 Likes
John668
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
Zoom has been Uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times.

Reset has been done.

Geek squad and a Samsung rep could do nothing.

This has been caused by the Samsung update.
John668
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
@Anonymous
0 Likes