Original topic:

Tab A8 mic not working on zoom or messenger video calls

(Topic created: 06-11-2021 10:04 PM)
user8wo5fLkKDr
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

hi folks

Having previously worked fine suddenly no one can hear me in a zoom or messenger call.  I've checked all the obvious settings and i wasn't muted.  The mic is working in all other scenarios - recording videos, making a voice call via messenger - but not on either of the video calls.

Can anyone help?

60 Replies
John668
Asteroid
Options
Tablets
I see that Samsung is absent from this thread now.

Come on samsung you are costing a lot of people a lot of money.
0 Likes
user9Z453qTMCJ
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Today there(juni 11) there is an update for my tab (SM-T290) after installing the mic problem was solved. internal and external (headset) mic are working in zoon en teams ect.

Solution
usernaUZM33F3w
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Heads-up, it looks like there's an update out that solves this problem. Depending on your settings you may need to manually download/install it rather than wait for your tablet to pick it up automatically.  (Settings>>Software Update>>Download and Install)

userytQ38F6T9S
Constellation
Options
Tablets

This also solved the problem for me. I went to System updates and installed it and it totally fixed the problem for me on all 3 of my kids tablets.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

What is the update? Any details about the patch? I tried multiple times but not getting any new update. The Tab has April 1 patch and keeps saying that it the latest one.

Is this possible that the update is available only is some countries? It seems the patch is not yet available in India.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Tablets

Received an update for India on 18-June. Solved the problem.

0 Likes
userE0qfwQjQeM
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Can't find the update under Settings>>Software Update>>Download and Install. Is it download automatically????

0 Likes
user67YBU9iOip
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
  • Thanks for heads up. Not sure why Samsung didnā€™t advise this...  Did the manual install on our three Pads and it solved the problem. 
0 Likes
userKgGntXIhDC
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I looked at the 11th no update
12th no update
13th no update

this update that they say fixes the problem is not appearing no matter how much I do to search for a new update

do you have a forecast when this update will come out for brazil?

0 Likes
userzmbJ03NEeN
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

I am having this same problem right now.

0 Likes