JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tried to register my new tablet but website says already registered

(Topic created: 03-29-2021 01:57 PM)
userjgmOUIk8RG
Constellation
Options
Tablets

A friend bought a new S7 tablet directly from Samsung, decided he did not want it and I bought it from him. (great price) It was unopened in the box as it came from Samsung. Now when I try to register it I get a message saying the tablet was already registered, and the endless calls to Samsung gets me in touch with people who either don't know or cannot help. 

How do I get this thing registered in my name so I have a warranty? It is currently March 29th and it was ordered on March 6th, so there is 11 months left for a warranty.

2 Replies
Solution
KnightRiderRalph
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

If you order a product directly from Samsung.com with your account signed in, usually it gets registered automatically. It happened when I ordered the Buds Pro, I went to register after I received them and they were already there.

userjgmOUIk8RG
Constellation
Options
Tablets

Figured it out. As mentioned above, Samsung automatically registered it. My friend went into his account and removed it and it automatically showed up as being registered to me. Then Samsung decided to give me a 6 month warranty, so I uploaded a copy of the receipt. We shall see if they decide to give the full one year or not after review.