JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

What is this "Go to home screen on sideswipe?"

(Topic created: 06-22-2023 10:37 AM)
useryOTEywbJ9x
Cosmic Ray
Options
Tablets
I just noticed while using Discord that as I'm attempting to swipe to the right so I can view all of the chats available, that if I don't do it correctly Discord disappears and the tablet shows my home screen. What is this? Why does Samsung/ Android give you things without explaining them or how to use them or how to disable them or what they're called and now you have to go searching through settings to figure out that you can't find it and end up having to call Samsung? This is ridiculous! New functionality is great. New functionality without an explanation on how to use and or disable it and or what it's called is not so good.
2 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@useryOTEywbJ9x Do you by chance have Samsung's Good Lock and One Hand Operation+ installed? This sounds like you have Left handle in One Hand Operation+ configured to go home with a right swipe. 

The other possibility is that you have Swipe from sides and bottom enabled. This is in phone settings -> Display -> Navigation bar -> Swipe gestures

DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets
Settings
Display
Navigation bar
Swipe Gestures:More options

Honestly, you're swiping to low. Swipe at the middle right or higher in Discord or change the navigation bar to Swipe Up.
0 Likes