JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

"Change keyboard" icon disappeared

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
Options
Tablets

Wondering if anyone found a way to get back the "change keyboard" icon that just disappeared??

I really made use of it, and now back to the old way of going through settings menušŸ‘Ž
I think it happened after an update awhile agošŸ˜¢
Thanks for any help offeredšŸ˜‰
5 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets
You have to long press on the mic. Seems you have to make a choice now if you use Samsung's keyboard--the mic or keyboard toggle. I use Google keyboard as the mic remains where it should be, so I just got rid of the nav bar mic in favor of the selector.
Options
Tablets

Where is the mic...on Samsung keyboard?.....I use Google keyboard and icon is gone...not sure which mic you're referring to, sorry šŸ˜ž

Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets
Yeah, you first have to switch to the Samsung keyboard, where you will find the mic on the nav bar to the left and under the comma key. Long press the mic, and the Keyboard selector will return, but it eill remain othe far left, not on the right where you are used to it.
Options
Tablets
Ok...but....the minute I use it to switch back to Google keyboard it disappears again..so...no way to switch again...so frustrating šŸ˜Æ
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Tablets

Yeah, took me a minute to figure that out myself.  You can change back again, just by going to the settings and reselecting the Google keyboard.  A PITA to be sure.  Ater the first 3 times doing that, I figured it out.  Once you get back to the Google Keyboard and see the keyboard switch, long press on it and it will remain, even if you switch back and forth between keyboards.  It's just that if you are using the Samsung keyboard after that, you will not have use of the mic unless you long press again to bring up the mic.  Then you have to go through the process again when you switch back to Google.  So, it's better if you do have to switch to Samsung keyboard from Google, you save Google kb for your voice to text and just use Samsung kb for typing.

0 Likes