Original topic:

Dryer HE code

(Topic created: 07-18-2020 09:29 PM)
user9k1B13hOUx
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Dryer shuts off after a couple minutes and shows a HE code. I cleaned all the vents, & replaced the Heat Exchanger, Thermostat. It didn't fix the problem and I have no idea now what it could be? 

Any suggestions would be helpful. 

0 Likes
JUMP TO SOLUTION
11 Replies
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

If there are no blockages, that means that service is needed. You can use the following link to locate a service center near you: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
useryI8ND2qgmp
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

And finally:

Following SpringDingers advice, I ordered a new control board from PartsDr.com. That was a mistake. They sent me a 'new' part that was not in a manufacturers box, was not in any kind of electrostatic packaging like you would expect for an electronic part, and the box it was in looked used. Now the part itself did 'look' new, but when I installed it, it was dead. Dryer did not play the tones when power was restored, and the control panel would do nothing when I pushed the power button. So I put my old control board back in. I restored power, got the tones, and control panel lit up as it should when I pressed the power button. Jury is still out whether or not I am going to get anything back on the piece of junk PartsDr sold me.

I had not been behind the dryer itself while doing all the troubleshooting (my wife had). Turns out the factory wiring diagram was in a ziplock back on the back. Included in the wiring diagram was a section on troubleshooting with pictures showing the placement of the four main sensors affecting heating. In it they are labeled the Thermistor (the temperature measuring sensor), Thermostat 1 (next to the Thermistor on my model - also referred to as Thermal fuse 85C/185F), Thermostat 2 (Hi-Limit - on heating element housing in the middle) and Thermostat 3 (aka Thermal Cut-Off Fuse 160C/320F - on heating element housing opposite end from element connections). I had previously replaced the thermistor before, so no need to check it again, right? Wrong. According to the troubleshooting info, it should have had a resistance of approximately 10K ohms at room temperature (77F), and it measured just under 1K ohms. I had ordered a new pack of the four sensors (from someone other than PartsDr). I measured the new one in the package, and just as the instructions said, 10K ohms. So, I installed it, put it back together for the umpteenth time, and viola! The dryer was drying again. So for other DIY troubleshooters, please replace all four sensors, if you must, before ordering a new control board.

0 Likes