JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Flexwasher 1dc4 error won't clear

(Topic created on: 6/12/19 9:56 PM)
userwArhft5PKR
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Have a WV55M9600AV/A5 washer. Been fine for the last year. Yesterday started showing 1DC4 error on the top washer and won't clear. Tried unplugging, no change. Checked "rubber button next to the latch", it's present. Pressed the button in the lid myself, didn't fix it. Door is definitely closed, but the error won’t clear. What’s the next step?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
86 Replies
userxlL9ur9l5m
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Just in case it helps anyone else, we had a similar problem, this is how i ended up fixing it. When they say there is a little rubber button next to the latch I did not realize that there are in fact two (i guess) buttons. The one on the bottom portion is clear/opaque, the one underneath the top(lid) is... well i don't know what it is because it had disappeared I guess. I could see the small black plastic button which I could push in, but I think maybe something is supposed to go over that. 

What I did was trim down a small felt pad (think those things that go on the bottom of furniture legs) to a very small 1/4"-1/8" square and attached that to the button nub that was sticking out to the right of the latch on the underside of the lid. Adding that little bit of extra material gave the sensor enough pressure to realize that the lid was closed and eliminated the 1dc4 error. 

Side note: I ended up getting the leak detect thing the first time I ran this because leftover fabric softener had pretty much congelead in the machine since the last time I had been able to use the top washer, make sure you clean that out so you dont end up getting any leaks. So far I've run 5 small loads through he washer and not had any issues. 

0 Likes
userMNi3TVpGaT
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

This worked for me too, i used a small piece of plastic instead. Thank you!!

@userxlL9ur9l5m wrote:

Just in case it helps anyone else, we had a similar problem, this is how i ended up fixing it. When they say there is a little rubber button next to the latch I did not realize that there are in fact two (i guess) buttons. The one on the bottom portion is clear/opaque, the one underneath the top(lid) is... well i don't know what it is because it had disappeared I guess. I could see the small black plastic button which I could push in, but I think maybe something is supposed to go over that. 

What I did was trim down a small felt pad (think those things that go on the bottom of furniture legs) to a very small 1/4"-1/8" square and attached that to the button nub that was sticking out to the right of the latch on the underside of the lid. Adding that little bit of extra material gave the sensor enough pressure to realize that the lid was closed and eliminated the 1dc4 error. 

Side note: I ended up getting the leak detect thing the first time I ran this because leftover fabric softener had pretty much congelead in the machine since the last time I had been able to use the top washer, make sure you clean that out so you dont end up getting any leaks. So far I've run 5 small loads through he washer and not had any issues. 

0 Likes
1GoKart
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I just got my Flexwash WV60M9900AV.  I have the same problem on my Flexwasher.  The top lid is closed and I have the error code 1dc4 when I tried to start the upper washer.

There is a black round switch to the right of the latch and a rubber nub on the bottom of the washer.  The black switch is not stuck or anything, it makes a click when depressed.

I even tried pressing the black switch in while starting the machine and still error code. 

I tried the felt material from the earlier user and still error.

I went to a Best Buy who had the FlexWash in display.  I power up the washer and tried to start it.  It showed the same error "1DC4".

What is the fix?  Is this a known issue, seems like a lot?  or is there a "demo" mode that cause this error code?

0 Likes
userh4XwlI4qx0
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

Same for me except I did not go to BestBuy.   Is there a part number for the part that needs replacing?   Model WV60M9900AW/A5 01   SERIAL # <hidden>.  

0 Likes
usermRy1BeEbyL
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Is there a part number? I've seen two previous posts asking for the small rubber button part number with no reply. It may be part of a larger unit you need to purchase. I have the same issue and the button flew off last time I used the washer. 

0 Likes
userAdkmB15X5Y
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I am having the same issue. The latch seems fine and clicks. Tried to switch off for a day but did not help.

0 Likes
user8dcCUBoDmQ
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

My washer is missing the little gray rubber button on the top washer door. Where do I find a replacement?

0 Likes