JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to Keep Options and Settings on Gas Dryer DVG45A6400V/A3 ?

(Topic created: 05-13-2022 09:11 AM)
userje1o73U0w6
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

On this new dryer, there are various Options like EcoDry and AntiStatic.  I know how to set them, but I would like my chosen setting to remain for the future, and not have to set each option each time I use the dryer.   However, the next time I use the dryer, the options are back to their default values.

Any way to make the options persist?   Is there any chance they are getting set back to their defaults because I have the SmartThings app iOS app configured?  Those are not options that are exposed in the SmartThings app, but I'm wondering if somehow it is causing them to get reset.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

This would be the only way to save the settings, or you can make sure that AI option is on, and do the same type of setting 10 times in a roll. After the 10th time of doing the same cycle, the unit will learn the patterns, and keep the setting in place. I apologize that there's not an easier method, and will be happy to forward your feedback accordingly. 

View solution in context

8 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Thank you for reaching out. I located information here in the user manual on page. 48- https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202107/20210720031129782/DV8600A_DV8800_SimpleUX_DC68-... that can be very helpful regarding the cycle selection inquiry. You will want to look into the Al Pattern option for the dryer and follow the steps according as this is the best option to personalize your cycles as requested. 

0 Likes
userje1o73U0w6
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Right - I had already noticed that option, and hoped it would help.  It does not.

I really feel like there is a basic bug here.  It sure seems like the intention of those options is for them to be sticky, and retained unless reset.  But they do not.    Changes for Wrinkle Protection, Eco Dry, and others must be set every single time.  

I appreciate you looking into it - but that is not the solution.  How can this get investigated as a bug?

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

I definitely understand and it was not a problem.  I only mentioned the user manual because it is a very helpful tool regarding getting to know the dryer accurately and would refer you again to review the charts on pages. 52 & 53. The charts contain information regarding the cycle selections and additional options available for your desired options in question. I also want to thank you for the feedback regarding the possibility of a bug in the retain feature for the dryer and if available will be reviewed accordingly. 

0 Likes
userje1o73U0w6
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Right - I have reviewed the charts, and have read the entire manual thoroughly.

The chart on 53 illustrates my point.   The very first line is "Normal Dry."  For that, ECO DRY is ON by default but can be turned off.   Wrinkle Prevent is OFF by default, but can be turned ON.

Those are options, not cycles.  The manual makes it seem like you choose the options you prefer basically one time.  But that is not the case, they must be chosen every single time. Admittedly, it is not 100% clear they are intended NOT to be chosen every single time, but what products have user configurable options that you have to choose for every use?  If it's not a pure bug, it's certainly the opposite of user friendly.  

The AI function provided some hope - and it does seem to learn what Cycle I choose most often.  But it does not see to influence options like ECO DRY and Wrinkle Prevent.

I'd encourage you to try to get in front of one of these dryers and try it for yourself.  

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Thanks so much for clarifying. I've looked over your model and have some information. First, this model has a "my cycle" option that allows you to save preffered cycles. However, as you mentioned, this does not always save the settings selected. Another option this model has is the ability to connect to the SmartThings app to use the Smart Control feature. This feature allows you to control the dryer via a smart phone. Within the SmartThings app, there is an option to save both the cycle and settings to a favorites menu. This would allow you to keep the same settings for each cycle, without having to manually change them. 

0 Likes
userje1o73U0w6
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I had looked at SmartThings app to see if it is a workaround.   The problem is that most options are not exposed in the app, and can only be set on the dryer itself.  For example. EcoDry is not an option in the app - only the dryer.  Attached is a screen shot.  IMG_4897.jpg

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

This would be the only way to save the settings, or you can make sure that AI option is on, and do the same type of setting 10 times in a roll. After the 10th time of doing the same cycle, the unit will learn the patterns, and keep the setting in place. I apologize that there's not an easier method, and will be happy to forward your feedback accordingly. 

userj84XDZMpxq
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

My new dryer says it learns what I do, and automatically changes its settings for me.  But I don't see this at all - I set them every single time.  I found a thread recently where the answer was it will learn after you use the same settings 10 times.   Mine never learned anything.   Does anyone find the AI function to do anything?   Does the do-it-ten-times work - if so, what am I doing wrong?

0 Likes