JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Purchased "Demo only" washer and dryer from closing Store, need to know what to do now

(Topic created: 02-15-2021 12:44 PM)
userGczIgr3p0F
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

We purchased a washer and dryer from a store that was closing. They were marked as demos or floor samples. We were told that they would not function until something was reset or parts replaced, but that it was an easy fix and they would be fine. I'm trying to find out what parts I have to buy and replace, or what I need to do to get these units to function properly.  I tried online chat with Samsung rep, but all they would do is give me the name of a repair facility in a town about 60 miles away from me. I'm willing to buy the parts and replace them, but I need to know what to buy and replace. Any help would be appreciated. 

3 Replies
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

We would recommend reaching out to an Authorized Samsung service center for assistance, and proper diagnostics. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location 

0 Likes
userGczIgr3p0F
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

As I stated in my original post, I am aware of the fact that I can contact an authorized Samsung repair facility and they can fix these units. So your reply is simply repeating what I already know, not helping any or providing any additional information. Please let me explain again. Units were purchased brand new from a store that was closing due to bankruptcy. They were discounted because they were "floor samples" or "demos" and had a few minor scuffs and dings. They were purchased with the idea and belief that they were fully functioning units with some imperfections from being "floor samples".  When they were delivered, we had other working units in use and in place, so these were put aside in storage to be hooked up and installed at a later date and time. Now when I go to install them, I find a label on the back of each that says they are non-functioning units for display purposes and are not to be sold.  So now I've got $???? invested in units that do not function and probably have no warranty. If an authorized Samsung repair facility can look up the models and tell me that it will cost me $?? to repair them and make them function properly, I have no problem with doing that. Especially if Samsung will provide some warranty coverage, either from the original purchase or from the date they are actually put into service. What I do not want to do is throw good money after bad. I do not want to pay an authorized Samsung repair facility to drive an hour each way only to tell me that it's going to be some ridiculous price to repair (or that they can't be repaired and put into service). At this point, with what I already have invested, I'm willing to spend a reasonable amount to make them serviceable, whether I repair them or an authorized Samsung facility does it; or I could spend no more money and just part them out to get most of my investment back. I would think that if Samsung makes units that they label as for "display only, non-functioning", and "not for sale"; they should already know what it will require to make each unit function and what it should cost to turn it into a functioning unit.  Obviously, this is not Samsung's fault, this is the store not letting me know these were non-functioning units when they were sold to us. I'm just trying to get some help from Samsung, either in the form of a price to repair them by their repair facility, or in the form of telling me what I need to buy and install myself in order to make them functional. With the nearest authorized repair facility being at least an hour away from me, it may make more sense to just sell me the parts that I need to make them functional; on the other hand, if Samsung is going to provide any kind or amount of warranty, it may be sensible to pay them a reasonable amount to repair them. Frankly. money is a little tight and I just don't want to waste it. That was the reason for buying "floor samples" at a discounted price to begin with. Any actual info or help, besides repeating what I already know, will be greatly appreciated.  And I do appreciate your time and effort  SamsungJustin, unfortunately, it doesn't tell me anything I wasn't already aware of.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Washers and Dryers

If your units are labeled as "demo only, non functioning - not for sale", the unit cannot not be made functional at a reasonable cost. These units have non functional motor casings and transmissions, and dummy control boards, like realistic movie props. They are built to look nice on display, nothing more.

0 Likes