Original topic:

SLUDGE IN WASHER TUB AFTER SELF CLEAN CYCLE

(Topic created: 10 hours ago)
ageer
Astronaut
Options
Washers and Dryers

They say a picture is worth a thousand words... Tech support is of no help. There is another comment thread about this same issue, but I'm not allowed to add to it, I'm guessing because it has been "solved"...

The only solution Samsung is offering is the directions on how to run the self clean cycle. I have ran the self clean cycle every time the machine tells me to in the past 2+ years, but the problem just gets worse and worse. One of these photos was after running the self clean twice in a row and then a rinse cycle, obviously doesn't make much of a difference. I have to physically wipe out the brown flaky sludge after each self clean cycle. I also will periodically get the brown flakes on whatever I am washing, and murphy's law it usually is a light colored load of clothing! Or maybe I just notice it because of the color of the clothes and it's always there! Anyway it's just gross.

This is a design problem not a maintenance problem and Samsung should just admit a lousy design and do a recall. I've had many a top load with agitator washers and never have I had this issue. 

The one thing I have started to try is to run every load with the "deep fill" option selected, I think it may be helping a little as I haven't been seeing the flakes on my laundry, but after the self clean I still have the gunk in the washer tub. And it kinda defeats the purpose of low water consumption.

Oh my model number is: WA51A5505AV

PXL_20240505_150403644.jpgPXL_20240819_034658674.jpgPXL_20240819_034706841.jpg

0 Likes
0 Replies