Original topic:

Samsung 9C8 Error Code- Clearly Explained Fix

(Topic created: 04-25-2024 07:18 PM)
CynthiaR81
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Step 1: Power on washer

Step 2: Press Temp, Spin, Rinse, Spin then turn knob until you see 006-(this should show the error code 9C8)

Step 3: Hold Start button until it beeps, then hold Smart Control for 3 sec till it beeps, then Temp. (Reset sequence)

The displayed # should have changed to 005.

Step 4: Repeat steps: Hold Start button until it beeps, then hold Smart Control for 3 sec till it beeps, then Temp. The displayed # should have changed to 004.

Step 5: Repeat process through every displayed # until the screen goes blank. (I think I repeated this step 10x or so) 

Step 6: Once display is blank (showing no numbers) hold start one more time till it beeps. Power off. Should hear a pump sound resetting. Then power on again and jump for joy! Hope this explanation is clear and easy to understand.

13 Replies
Kricoarango
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Temp-> soil -> spin -> soil

Turn knob until 006 (if error code 9c8)

Hold start/pause until error code clears

Press “temp” once and 005 will come up

Hold start/pause for at least 7 seconds. If it clears, great, if not, press “temp” again and repeat process all the way til 001.

turn off and turn back on. Should be working now. 

0 Likes
J rogers
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

My washer doesn’t have a rinse button. Model #WA50B5100AW. What do I do to clear the 9C8 error code?

Kricoarango
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Temp-> soil -> spin -> soil

Turn knob until 006 (if error code 9c8)

Hold start/pause until error code clears

Press “temp” once and 005 will come up

Hold start/pause for at least 7 seconds. If it clears, great, if not, press “temp” again and repeat process all the way til 001.

turn off and turn back on. Should be working now.

0 Likes
jedmonston
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I can get to the 005 response, but it won’t allow to re-do that sequence of temp, spin, rinse, spin again. Is that common for others?

0 Likes