JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

WF42H5200AW/A2 hardly spins & RPM reads 0000

(Topic created: 02-07-2023 06:39 PM)
DuaneM36
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

Recently, the washer stopped completing the spin cycle.  It would only finish the spin cycle if the drum was empty.  It also made noise and had a wobble.  I did some digging online and decided to replace the spider arm.  Since I was doing that, I also decided to replace the bearings and tub gasket.  I found a couple good videos online that showed how to do this so I ordered the parts online and gave it a try.

After I got everything back together, I tried running a calibration cycle.  The drum would hardly spin in either direction and spent most of the time trying to drain.  I found the RPM readout screen and it was reading 0000 even if I spun the drum by hand.  I thought this meant the Hall sensor was probably damaged while I disassembled and reassembled everything.  I replaced the Hall sensor but it didn't help; still hardly spinning and still reading 0000 RPM.

What troubleshooting steps can I take to help further diagnose the problem? Motor? Sensor? Motherboard?  Thanks.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
Washers and Dryers
I'm guessing your motor is about shot. Heavier loads cause it to work harder and over time can degrade the components. This will cause it to overheat potentially, resulting in your issue.

At this point, I'd just have a certified technician look at it.
DuaneM36
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

The stator (DC31-00111A) resistance is between 11.5-12.5 ohms.  Does anyone know what good and bad stators read?

0 Likes
ct8user
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

take a look at the spider arms, the typically aluminum three arms on the back, outside of the drum

aluminum and stainless steel cause corrosion in the stainless steel part, and that spider arm is relatively short lived to other parts

Samsung, can you make the spider arms out of the same metal as the drum please, thank you.