Original topic:

Washer AC6 Error

(Topic created: 09-08-2022 11:05 AM)
user26HzFOWYLN
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers

I have the washer model WA55A7300AE that decided to stop working last week when i  turned it on to wash my cloths.  It turns on but does nothing, just double bleeps any button you touch and the dial does nothing, so i called Samsung (as its less than one year old), to be told to do the 4 steps, unplug, wait 1 min, try again, if that doesn't work, unplug leave for 4 Hours blah blah. Tried that 3-4 times and no change, still doesn't work.

I received several text during the week that it was a firmware update that caused the issue and they are working on a fix. Received several Texts to try the 4 steps again but no luck. I just received a call from the technician that he will have to order a part and will call me once it arrives, so i can expect that to drag on another week or two.

My question to all this, why does a washer need a firmware update? seems odd, there is no LCD screen on it and is Samsung going to compensate people who have had to drive out of their to way to their nearest laundromat?

What about the customers who's washer is now out of warranty, they can't be expected to pay for repairs when this is clearly  Samsung's fault, it should be on Samsung's dime to fix 100%. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello everyone, 

I completely understand the frustration regarding the error code being presented on the display panel which effects the use of the washer and would like to provide the best possible solution we have available.

I located these steps I would encourage you to give a try:

1. Unplug the power cord and wait at least 1 minute.

2. Plug the power cord back in.

3. Press power button to turn the unit on and wait for 5 seconds.

**** If the unit does not turn on, press power button again after 1 hour

4. Turn the unit off with the power cord plugged in and leave the unit idle for 4 hours.

5. Turn the unit on and run any cycle.

If the troubleshooting steps are still unsuccessful please use one form of communication listed to reach out to any one of us moderator's for any possible further assistance:

By phone- 1-800-726-7864

Twitter- https://twitter.com/samsungsupport

Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/samsungsupport/ 

or

By sending a private message 

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Washers and Dryers
I've seen other "ac6" posts , but never read up on them (no Sammy appliances here), so not sure the outcome.

I suggest you search for :
ac6
.... here and see if others got resolution
.see screenshot
Screenshot_20220908-134419_Samsung Members_23555_1662662692.jpg
0 Likes
HA8895
Cosmic Ray
Options
Washers and Dryers
I have no resolution yet since August 25
HA8895
Cosmic Ray
Options
Washers and Dryers
I have been sick so far washing cloths with hands everyother day for an hour and half and I am surprised that there is no resolution
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello everyone, 

I completely understand the frustration regarding the error code being presented on the display panel which effects the use of the washer and would like to provide the best possible solution we have available.

I located these steps I would encourage you to give a try:

1. Unplug the power cord and wait at least 1 minute.

2. Plug the power cord back in.

3. Press power button to turn the unit on and wait for 5 seconds.

**** If the unit does not turn on, press power button again after 1 hour

4. Turn the unit off with the power cord plugged in and leave the unit idle for 4 hours.

5. Turn the unit on and run any cycle.

If the troubleshooting steps are still unsuccessful please use one form of communication listed to reach out to any one of us moderator's for any possible further assistance:

By phone- 1-800-726-7864

Twitter- https://twitter.com/samsungsupport

Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/samsungsupport/ 

or

By sending a private message 

0 Likes
HA8895
Cosmic Ray
Options
Washers and Dryers
No change since this issue has occurred following these steps
user8ljfpjgwmt
Constellation
Options
Washers and Dryers
I have now received 17 text messages from Samsung and several emails with these steps and have been on the phone with them several times since August 27th and have not received any resolution. They have changed my story from giving me a refund to an exchange to a service tech and back again in the same circle. Everytime I call I find out that my ticket has been denied because it "doesnt qualify". Im not sure what qualification it needs since the washer is 8 months old and has stopped working. I am frustrated as well that I paid for a washer and now have to handwash or go to a laundromat while this washer sits there doing nothing. This has gone on long enough Samsung YOU NEED TO DO SOMETHING! I don't need any more apologies either give me my money back or fix the situation and let's move on!