JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Washer & Dryer Bespoke Ultra.. How work on smartthings?

(Topic created: 05-21-2023 07:11 AM)
LoRx832
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
Got new 5.3 ultra bespoke washer n dryer how do I get to work on my smarthings app?? Keeps saying won't work on my wifi smart things app through my phone (s23ultra) because it's 5ghz?? How can I connect them through my wifi into smart things app?
1 Reply
Solution
Gossipfunda
Comet
Options
Smart Home Support

If you're having trouble connecting your 5.3 Ultra Bespoke washer and dryer to your SmartThings app because it's not working on your 5GHz Wi-Fi network, there are a few possible solutions you can try:

1. Separate your Wi-Fi networks: Some routers have the capability to broadcast separate 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks. Check your router's settings to see if this feature is available. If it is, enable it and connect your phone to the 2.4GHz network. Then, attempt to connect your washer and dryer to the SmartThings app again.

2. Use a dual-band extender or second router: If your router doesn't have the option to separate the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks, you can consider using a dual-band Wi-Fi extender or a second router. Connect the extender or second router to your main router and configure it to broadcast only a 2.4GHz network. Connect your washer and dryer to this network and try connecting to the SmartThings app.

3. Create a guest network: Some routers allow you to set up a separate guest network that only broadcasts a 2.4GHz signal. Check your router's settings to see if this feature is available. Set up a guest network and connect your washer and dryer to it. Then, attempt to connect to the SmartThings app using this network.

4. Connect through a hub: If your washer and dryer support it, you may be able to connect them to the SmartThings app through a hub, such as the SmartThings Hub. The hub can act as an intermediary between your devices and the app, allowing them to communicate even if they are on a different Wi-Fi frequency. Refer to the manufacturer's instructions for your washer and dryer to see if this option is available.

5. Contact customer support: If none of the above solutions work, it's best to reach out to the customer support of the manufacturer of your washer and dryer or the SmartThings app. They should be able to provide specific guidance based on your device models and help you troubleshoot the issue further.

Remember to consult the user manuals and documentation provided with your washer and dryer, as well as your router's instructions, for more specific details on connecting your devices to the SmartThings app.