Original topic:

Washing machine discoloring dark clothes

(Topic created: 09-15-2024 03:15 AM)
KenMok
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

ā€ƒ

Hello. Please help. My washer is discoloring my clothes during washing. At first i thought it happens during spinning thereof i skipped spinning, then found out it even does the same during washing. I cleaned the machine, i changed regulators but the issues is still there. I am using top loader 13kg wobble tech WA13F5S2UWW/FA.  Take a look at a pic attached. A lot of my green and black clothes damages. White clothes comes out right. 

image.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
KenMok
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Thanks for the response. I took months to realize it was a detergent. I put it to test today doing hand washing  with the same detergent it discolored my other green shirt. I threw it away. Its ariel automatic powder. How can i clean the washer now to remove all the remains?

View solution in context

6 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Washers and Dryers

That looks more like a detergent or bleaching issue.  Perhaps the bleach dispenser is has not completely emptied from previous loads and is releasing bleach into the next wash?  I don't see how the washer itself can cause that kind of discoloration. Be aware that even color-safe bleach packs will cause bleaching if it directly touches the fabric.

0 Likes
Solution
KenMok
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

Thanks for the response. I took months to realize it was a detergent. I put it to test today doing hand washing  with the same detergent it discolored my other green shirt. I threw it away. Its ariel automatic powder. How can i clean the washer now to remove all the remains?

realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Washers and Dryers
You can buy washer cleaning tablets. I use Tide washing machine cleaner, but there are other brands.
Alkaholik
Halo
Options
Washers and Dryers
that would be bleach stains. use non bleach for colored clothes and only bleach for white clothes. to get the bleach out of the washer youll need to run the washer a few times empty as in no clothes & any soaps
KenMok
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I use bleach only when using my hands to wash whites. I tested my powder today using hands to wash so it was it. It bleached my shirt on first hand wash. 

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Washers and Dryers

Your powder may have had bleach in it as an ingredient. As I said, even color safe bleach will spot when it comes in direct contact with fabric snd5 should not be used on dark colors unless you want them to fade.

0 Likes