JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Why are parts taking so long to get?

(Topic created: 02-18-2022 11:31 AM)
usernhTLL
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

I've got a dryer model DV22K6800EW/A1  The dryer heating element failed, and I've had a replacement on order since October.  MPN: DC47-00030H.  I'm now seeing on the internet that the part is discontinued?  What is the alternate replacement part?What part is needed for this repair and where can I get one?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Solution
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Washers and Dryers

Hello, to purchase any parts I recommend reaching out to our part distributor, J & J Parts, at 800-627-4368 or samsungparts.com

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usernhTLL
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

That would be nice, but they (J&J Parts) show this part as "discontinued" with no replacement.  So I would have to scrap a 16 month old dryer, because Samsung decided to stop making a part??

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Washers and Dryers

I'm not really sure when it comes to parts and whatnot since we don't have access to the parts systems. But I would like to see what we can do for you! Can you shoot me or any of the other mods here a private message with the dryer's full model code and serial number?

0 Likes
usernhTLL
Asteroid
Options
Washers and Dryers

For those that might find this posting later on, Samsung has stopped making this part and is now labeled ‘discontinued’, and only way you’ll find one is if you get lucky and eBay has a “pull” from a working dryer. 
Samsung has failed miserably on this one, and is leaving customers with giant doorstops for appliances.  A kick in the face to customers and very anti eco-friendly, by forcing customers to place these appliances in scrapyards instead of repairing.

Shame on Samsung.

0 Likes