JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Every time I turn my tv off I have to reset and re enter my password.

(Topic created: 08-19-2020 08:17 PM)
useremoccMEprG
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I've been having this issue where every time I turn it on, it says it's connected to the Wifi network in the network settings, but when I try to watch something, I'm getting a "you're not connected to the Internet "error message and nothing loads. What fixes the issue is resetting the network settings every time and re-entering my Wi-Fi password. It's very annoying to have to reenter my wifi password on a small TV remote using TV screen keyboard, and I believe I shouldn't have to? How can this issue be fixed so that my TV continuously stays connected?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
26 Replies
Filmswagger
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
The support had me try hotspotting from my phone, I left it on all night (thank unlimited data) and it did not disconnect in the morning like usual. No need to cold boot. I had been using the 5 mhz wifi connection, started using the 2.4 mhz instead. Hoping that resolves the issue. Will update tomorrow if it works.

p.s. I have update #1460, says there's no updates to download.
0 Likes
Filmswagger
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Didn't work using the other wifi signal. Back to Cold Booting everyday. Unfortunately don't have enough controls over the wifi settings to deal with this. Have to contact AT&T because the "Smart Home Manager" app they give you doesn't allow for manual network configuring. Once I rule out the network, internet provider, the Samsung Support will schedule a technician.

0 Likes
Filmswagger
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Using a flashdrive I downloaded and manually updated to 1462 from 1460, however the network issue remains. Not sure why the TV is the only device having issues with the internet 🙃 back to daily cold booting.

Not a full solution, I've noticed some apps do not have my view history up to date, for instance it'll start me an episode or more behind where I left off. The cold booting seems to set it back.

0 Likes
uservTxkKWVFTV
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
bb
0 Likes
useruLrahmgwWH
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I have the same problem too WiFi is all Good then I turn off the TV and later on when I want yo use it I have to reset it again in order to work
0 Likes
userkgZnKfu1vB
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi! I have this same issue. TV is updated, WiFi has tv listed as priority connection. And my wifi connects to all my other devices fine... so it’s not my wifi. 

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes