JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV

(Topic created: 05-27-2016 04:46 PM)
michaelgeraci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have HU8550, SEK 3500 set-up. Firmware 1453. Netflix app has been reinstalled. I still get the "cannot play title at this time" message on every title. Netflix works fine on all other devices in my house. Any ideas?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
581 Replies
gugarci
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

If you want to solve this problem you have a couple of options.  Return your Samsung TV if you can & never buy another Samsung product again.  Or if you can't return your TV like many disgusted Samsung TV owners watch your favorite Netflix shows on another device.  Wife & I had been watching Netflix, Better Call Saul, for the last 3 hours in HD with no buffering on my XBOX One!!!!!   Also my Sony Blu-ray player which is also connected to this same TV also works well with Netflix & streams videos in HD with no buffering.   

But my fancy expensive 6 month old Samsung TV’s doesn’t.  If I’m lucky it will connect to Netflix on the first try & when it does it will stream video’s at a whopping speed or around .300 Mbps!!!!!  Samsung is JOKE!!!!!

Civicops
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same problem , sometimes errors but testing speed thru Netflix app is much lower than on my Xbox one and PS4. Tested tv on internet and no problems has full speed. My Xbox and PS4 very fast speeds.

It must be the app.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Have you tried resetting Smarthub?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userWnOugRH23Y
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a 2017 8000 series and every other day tghe netflix stops working and I get a black screen. The solution Netflix gave was to reset the hub but each time you do this you need to login everywhere and can be a pain in the neck.

I am really hoping Samsung can fix this, I am calling them this evening

0 Likes
userELHzkS97Q4
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Genius! Thank you. Hold down the power button. 10 seconds versus days of my life with Samsung "tech savvy" people that can't fix it. Your solution worked. Go figure 

Lmartinijr1
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Long story short.......three senior level techs from time warner at my home......10 phone calls to Netflix........TIME WARNER SUPERVISOR calls Netflix supervisor today from my house. Net Flix refuses to say it's their problem....only on one of my tvs do. I have Netflix signal dropping down from 1080p to 240 and then slowly back up again....time warner swapped all equipment,checked all signal strength from their end,etc.......even had same problem with tv using Verizon hotspot connection on my phone! What a joke. Samsung and Netflix have to update their app. When I watch Netflix on my other tv or blu ray,or Apple TV picture stays at the constant 1080 p resolution with no problems. Disgusted. Wasted a month of going back and forth....done. 

0 Likes
LZCenter
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Does anyone know how to peform a lobotomy on a Samsung smart TV?  I would love to disable the "smart" hub and control the Tv with my Xfinity X1 remote, which has become awesome.

0 Likes
user0ZmsRpCSyS
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

ANYONE KNOW A TRICK FOR WHEN THE Channel Button on THE REMOTE stops responding or get SUPER SLOW and sticky?    

The channel button (lowest button on right side) normally accessed the cable guide when pushed in.  But half the time it just doesn't work.   We have Time Warner Cable (now Spectrum).. and I can't figure out why accessing the channel guide works only about 60% of the time - via the inward push of the Samsung Remote channel button.    

Sometimes when scrolling up and down through the channel guide with this same button (by pushing upward/downward), the scrolling is very slow/sticky... like it's trying to catch up or process the command, but something is slowing it down to a near stop.. like it will change but you have wait like 30 seconds for it to "recover".  It's not that I've given it a lot of commands that are backlogged... it's just this way from the start.

Anyone having this issue and have a solution?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Honus
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Probably best to start a new thread with your question about the channel button. Much more likely to get an answer in its own thread then buried in one about a different issue. 

0 Likes
usery93bIiAJVb
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

That worked! I pressed power button for 10 seconds and then turned on the TV again. Then when I accessed Netflix again it logged me in again (instead of it continuing to show a blank screen) and it worked again!!!! Success!!! Thank you so much!!

0 Likes