Original topic:

Remote not working and red light flashing

(Topic created: 12-19-2020 08:30 AM)
OCRFierce
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hello.

Looks like I just fell into the same Remote ‘flashing red, not pairing, not available, tv turning on by itself in the middle of the night’ black hole I’ve seen posted about.  How frustrating!  I have read through the posts and tried everything, yet i cannot get any of the functions to work.  Everything has worked perfectly for over a year.  I’m so confused, please help.

I have UN65KS9500FXZA.

129 Replies
userWnwdhZmaXb
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hello.

Did you have luck trying the solution that followed your post, or any other? I to have a flashing red light on my remote, and none of the solutions in this thread or others are working. I even succeeded in getting the "pairing remote" function to work once, but it didn't fix the issue with the remot, which continued to flash red. It is the original remote that came with my frame TV less than 10 months ago when I bought it new.

0 Likes
usergtys5d06ME
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Just a heads up for anyone else looking at this problem and this MAY help them. So I had this problem this morning, tried all the suggestions and nothing, tv power red light kept flashing, remote was doing all crazy stuff. I could somewhat control the tv with the little joystick under the power button but still not right. Just seemed that red flashing light was wanting to pair with something possibly ?
For some reason I remembered that ages ago I'd gotten a Flex streaming box from Xfinity and hardly use it but I'd allowed the Flex remote to be able to turn the tv off and on when it's power button was pressed to turn off the Flex box. 
I found the Flex remote , pressed the power button on it, and hey presto everything was back to normal!! 
Crisis averted !! 
So make sure you check out if anything else that may be controlling your tv. If this helps one person it was worth replying , good luck !!

userxCsWBzIM4G
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Same exact problem on my 3 weeks old UN70TU700DBXZA I just got from Costco. Remote keeps flashing red and only the power button is functioning appropriately (Model RMCSPM1AP1)

I've tried every single combination of solutions provided in this thread, probably spent a good 3 hours testing; never got past the flashing light on the remote.

Help! Is my remote just defective? This thing should not stop working after 3 weeks only!

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Can you try the following:

Try pressing the back button + the UP button at the same time for 10-20 seconds.

This will re-pair the remote w/ the TV and fix the issue. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userxCsWBzIM4G
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Still no solution. I have tried everything so far.

0 Likes
usergA2QvXtu4H
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
my remote TV red light still blinks and I did everything I could but can't control my one year old TV 🙃 please help me
0 Likes
userURlDLTv9Kb
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

What worked for me was holding back button and  power play button at the same time while the tv was turned on. That got the tv and remote to pair 🙂

0 Likes
userd6lhoSH1Eb
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Please make sure the infrared sensor on the tv is not blocked by, let's say, a soundbar. This was the case for me: the remote keeps blinking red because it couldn't find the tv

0 Likes
usermwMvMEyHBV
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
unplug the tv for 30 seconds and plug it back in then turn it on, hold the back and play pause button until you see pairing on the screen
user0NkJvv5ImS
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Pressing back and play simultaneously solved the flashing red led problem for me. It put the TV in pairing mode with the remote.

0 Likes