Original topic:

A53 restart loop after OneUI 6.1 update

(Topic created: 4 hours ago)
jnnash
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hi

My partner had the 6.1 update last night and since installing it, his phone has been in a loop of 'phone starting', automatically shutting off, and then restarting.

I also have an A53 and my phone updated fine.

Starting his phone in safe mode, it doesn't seem to hit the restart loop.

Any tips on what the issue may be or how I could go about checking which app(s) may be causing issues?

18 Replies
dido1979
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I'm having the same issue with my  A53 G after UI6.1 update. No network/mobile data, IMEIs completely disappeared, battery drain is ridiculous and is taking ages to charge it. I did a factory reset and the phone back to normal only....until this morning and the same problems occurred again. This is my 2nd phone dying due UI update- Samsung is just forcing us to buy a new phone every 1.5-2 years. I'm considering switching to iPhone or another Android phone and no longer buying a Samsung phone

0 Likes
schoolbag44
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I have the same issue after updating on 13-Jun, a few days ago. I found that everytime when i enable location service, phone will hang and restart. Tried all methods found online including clearing partition cache, soft reset, factory reset but problem remains. Samsung update break my phone after only 1 year 10 months of usage with care.

0 Likes
NAVI1
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I have the same case. I bought it new. After 6.1 update it keeps shutting down. I tried to clear cache partition, reboots and so on. It is still shutting down and getting hot. I hope Samsung will swiftly release a fix. I did not have similar problems with any other Samsung devices in the past.

0 Likes
Tigresson
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I'm having the same issue, tried everything from clearing the cache and safe mode to two factory resets... The phone crashed during the factory reset the first time so I did it twice to be safe. After the factory reset it is crashing less often but its still doing it 3-10 times per day and it has become super frustrating. There is not a scratch on the device, I bought it new and it hasn't even been 2 years. Something clearly went wrong with this update.

0 Likes
user3j5OOboKIw
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
The posted response from Galaxy about clearing cache etc. DOES NOT WORK. Samsung has several similar responses to various posts that are simply wrong. I have returned/exchanged my Galaxy A53 x 2 (3 phones total) and I'm convinced it's an A 53 design flaw. I won't be exchanging for another, time to switch brands
0 Likes
adpratama
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hi, I also had this problem after update one ui 6.1. It is really a headache problem. So far, what I did Reset Factory. Then, turn off Night Mode.

I dont have any experience issues after configs. I am done with samsung. Gonna replace soon with Apple. 

0 Likes
ShriharshaK
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hi .. Ai am also facing the same problem with my Samsung A53 which is less than 2 years old. Phone is struck in restart loop and not responding to any actions/buttons. When I enquired with service center they mentioned that it is hardware issue and mother board need to be changed. It is very frustrating .. I am planning to switch to other brands.. Bye bye Samsung..

0 Likes
Solution
jnnash
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Very delayed update but figured I'd post the solution we had

tl;dr - motherboard issue, replaced under warranty

Contacted Samsung multiple times about it, in-store and online, with no real answer about what the issue was

The phone was still under warranty so we got an approved repair via the Samsung site and it seems like the motherboard had to be replaced
I don't know how the motherboard ended up being affected, or why my phone of the same model wasn't affected but my partner has not had issues since

Not an ideal solution, especially if you're out of warranty, but it's what resolved the issue for us

0 Likes
piedpier
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Having same issue but Samsung says my phone warranty just expired. So now I'm stick with a phone I can not use
0 Likes