JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Android Auto silences phone's Google Maps audio

(Topic created: 08-05-2024 08:18 AM)
Garfy
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I recently got a Galaxy A25 to replace my old LG Stylo 6. However, when I connect the A25 to my 2020 Mustang, while I can make phone calls through the car's system, when I use Google Maps, the audio from the phone is silent. I only get the audio from it if I disconnect it from the car's system (turning off my bluetooth). My LG worked fine as it would make calls, texts etc. from the car's system and when using Google Maps, the audio would come through the phone. Is there a way to make the A25 do the same thing as my LG did? Thank you!

3 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@Garfy In Connections -> Bluetooth click the gear to the right of you BT connection with your car. Turn off music (or sound). Then the Maps audio will come from your phone. Have to do this connecting to Ford Sync on our 2011 Ford Edge. 

0 Likes
Garfy
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Thank you so much! That did the trick! I guess some phones have different options and settings that my old phone didn't. I wish the owner's manuals had more detailed specific instructions on every setting but I guess that's asking too much 😃.

userBnBouHuh2D
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hi, have a galaxy s23 and voice from Google maps or waze won't work while using android auto and on phone call can anyone help?

0 Likes