JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Dead pixel on my Galaxy A35

(Topic created: 09-10-2024 11:30 PM)
RavenaLux
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hey everyone! I found a screen defect on my A35 it has a dead pixel at the top of the screen a little right of the selfie camera it only really appears on orange/red backgrounds is this covered under warranty? or do you need more dead pixels to qualify for a screen replacement? also I know its dead cause it's just a black dot. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello, I understand your concerns with dead pixels on your new A35 device and I will be more than happy to assist. 

If there are pink lines or small dots on your screen, they could be stuck or dead pixels. Having a couple dead pixels is not unusual, and individual pixels are typically unnoticeable.

Here are a few troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue: 

Verify that your device is up to date

Boot your device in Safe Mode: Turn off your device, hold down the power button until Safe Mode is displayed, Verify if you are still able to see the dead pixels in Safe Mode

Third party apps could cause issues with your device, if you do not see any dead pixels in Safe Mode delete any third party apps 

Reboot your device normally 

Perform a factory data reset on your device, Please Note: Before performing the reset be sure to back up your device 

You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by calling customer support at 1-800-726-7864. For service outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html  I do apologize for any inconvenience. 

View solution in context

8 Replies
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
If you bought it recently should be covered by warranty, but the phone should not have physical damage.
RavenaLux
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Yeah it has no physical damage what so ever the phone is in mint condition.

0 Likes
Sean_Read
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

The warranty on all Samsung phone devices is 24 months. Iā€™d recommend double-checking your purchase date before opting for a repair, as it can be quite expensiveā€”sometimes a significant portion of the cost of a new device.

RavenaLux
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

It's under warranty I only had the device for a week.

0 Likes
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Ask samsung or the place you bought it for a replacement.
0 Likes
RavenaLux
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I'll ask Samsung, there is a service centre 5min away from where I live, I kinda don't want to send it back to where I bought it from because they don't offer replacements just refunds and I don't have my old phone anymore as a backup.

Sean_Read
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

You should be within your cooling-off period. If itā€™s been less than two weeks, youā€™d usually be entitled to a like-for-like swap. Itā€™s still worth double-checking to see what option offers the best outcome for you. Good luck!

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Hello, I understand your concerns with dead pixels on your new A35 device and I will be more than happy to assist. 

If there are pink lines or small dots on your screen, they could be stuck or dead pixels. Having a couple dead pixels is not unusual, and individual pixels are typically unnoticeable.

Here are a few troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue: 

Verify that your device is up to date

Boot your device in Safe Mode: Turn off your device, hold down the power button until Safe Mode is displayed, Verify if you are still able to see the dead pixels in Safe Mode

Third party apps could cause issues with your device, if you do not see any dead pixels in Safe Mode delete any third party apps 

Reboot your device normally 

Perform a factory data reset on your device, Please Note: Before performing the reset be sure to back up your device 

You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by calling customer support at 1-800-726-7864. For service outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html  I do apologize for any inconvenience.