JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy A55 5G Fingerprint Sensor Issues

(Topic created: 05-01-2024 11:53 AM)
Dessieg73
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I received a brand new Samsung Galaxy A55 5G about a week ago. It's a decent device, but unfortunately I have encountered a strange issue with the fingerprint sensor whereby it simply doesn't recognise any fingerprints. This is intermittent, sometimes it's working, sometimes not.

To give a little insight, this ain't my first rodeo. I've owned a plethora of Galaxy devices with in-screen fingerprint sensors and never had the same issue. Of course I've tried the usual, deleting and re-registering the fingerprints, even performing a full factory reset, but the issue remains. There is no screen protector fitted, hands are clean, screen is clean. Interestingly, a restart usually fixes the issue for a short while, but then after a time the issue returns. I did find an article somewhere that said resetting the accessibility settings would resolve the issue, but alas this is not the case.

It does seem like a software issue. Has anyone else encountered the same issue and, if so, do you have any advice?

Amol Korde
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I am also in the same frustrating experience with brand new A55. Samsung really made worse scrap mobile with cost of 40,000 INR. Customer care is more worse than that, they always copy paste readymade steps without deeply understanding customer's concerns. I tried all steps suggested by them like

1. Without Screen Protector, Re-registered fingers more than 50 times

2. Reset Accessibility settings more than 20 times

3. Reset all settings more than 10 times 

4. Factory reset (Wasted a day to take backup and restore) one time 

I tried all above steps but nothing worked.. I sent error report more than 10 times to Samsung support but still they are unable to fix this issue. 

Really didnt understand why Samsung selling defective mobile with this known defect.. I suggest Samsung to stop selling this device until permanent fix.  

0 Likes
Gopi Krishna
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Same here. Facing this issue multiple times even after deleting and registering the finger prints multiple times. Sometimes this is very frustrating.  Started facing this issue from almost 2nd or 3rd day of my purchase and now it is just a 10 day old device. 

0 Likes
JT15
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Got a new A55 a few days ago. Everything worked fine, until this morning, but after a reboot it seems fine again.

Interestingly enough, when I was trying to scan my fingerprint, the usual white round that lights up beneath the finger was displayed at a completely different place on the screen when I tapped the location of the fingerprint sensor. Could it be that because of that, the sensor isn't getting enough light to scan the fingerprint? 

dedeckerkevin
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I also had trouble adding my fingerprint of my thumb. Index finger and middle finger were no problem. Pretty frustrating because I always used the thumb on my A52 as well. A colleague advised me to try it very slowly, that is, with enough time between the different “strokes". And, it worked wonderfully. Without effort, I was able to add my thumb and since then everything works perfectly - even with screen protector (from Spigen).

0 Likes
Pinch254
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Samsung needs to address this, it's like most users are suffering in silence 

userCkhkoSyJFo
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Yep. This is a problem.

0 Likes
Johan 60
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Ja heb hetzelfde Samsung  reageert  hier niet op dot is natuurlijk  waardeloos 

0 Likes
tushaar55555
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Got my phone 2 days ago. Same issue.  finger print is useless.  1/10 time it works. Disappointed with a55. Iv disabled and using only pin.

0 Likes
agent-5
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

If you are in the UK and ordered from an online retailer you are protected and can return the phone within 14 days under the 'Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000'.

0 Likes
agent-5
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Just had an A55 128GB arrive (United Kingdom). Fingerprint sensor DOES NOT WORK. Tried multiple fingers (ten in total!) and fingers of other people (with permission!), keep getting 'No Match' every time the phone attempts to check the saved print. Had an A52 5G with the same optical sensor and though it was finicky, it worked 99% of the time.

Returning for a full refund, will be ordering an iPhone 15.

Slightly off topic, my Tab S7 is perfectly capable of running android 15 and beyond but Samsung would rather I buy a new device. Nope!

0 Likes