Original topic:

Hold home for voice assistant no longer working

(Topic created: Friday)
Jt107
Constellation
Options

I updated to the latest oneUI

I have a samsung a14 phone. Prior to the oneUI update , when I'd hold the home button I'd be able to talk into the phone to get it to do things. Usually I'd hold it and say "set an alarm for 10 minutes from now" or "remind me on the 15th of July I have an appointment at 3 pm",etc

Now nothing happens when I hold the home button.

I've tried installing Google assistant, but it says it's not supported.

I've tried changing the digital assistant, but the only option is samsung internet and all it does is open the web browser.

How do I use my voice to set my alarms on my phone?

Thank you

0 Likes
3 Replies
meself
Comet
Options
Not sure why Google assistant not working maybe check the play store if it's ip todate I think it's still supported and the Samsung browser is just browser not aware of it having voice control
0 Likes
JoJo4360
Galaxy
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Same here, not sure why not working. Only suggestion I have is to retrain assistant to recognize your voice. Also not sure why you're getting a message Google Assistant not supported. Gemini and Google Assistant are similar in function but different as well. Gemini is AI operated and I think there may be may be some conflict with the 2 "robots.". I'm not qualified to offer any kind of help, though I share some of the concerns.
Best
0 Likes
Ethy
Cosmic Ray
Options
I did the same thing to talk to Bixby. One UI 6 changed it so holding down the Home button activates the circle to search AI feature. See if you can have your phone open digital assistant in the side button menu in Settings.
0 Likes