Original topic:

How do I permanently remove unwanted bloatware from phone?

(Topic created: yesterday)
usery1AxIlVs39
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
I don't want Always On Display and a bunch of other useless apps that are taking up device storage, many of which are using data and cache even when disabled? I'd also like to remove the AI features. I don't want a phone that learns from my input. Basically I want a less smart phone, one that lets me choose which apps are allowed to use my phone's resources. Can Samsung please go back to making phones that are user friendly to people who don't want all their choices made for them like Apple users do? It shouldn't be hard to have these "QoL" apps optional for those too lazy to use grammar, or whatever.
10 Replies
HeathenHalflings
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Get a firefly, or root your phone.
Iamchaos13
Nebula
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Tada!!SmartSelect_20240728_035200_Amazon Shopping_1000014633_1722153121.jpg
3Merlin
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

You're right! A mobile phone with elastic fiber glass is the solution for removing unwanted bloatware...

šŸ˜

Iamchaos13
Nebula
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
It was a tease.. I was laughing at the "Can Samsung please go back to making phones that are user friendly to people who don't want all their choices made for them like Apple users do" comment.. Because Android people say iPhones are for people that need to have their choices made for them. Unfortunately it's revenue. Samsung, Google and carrier locked phones all contribute to it. Other than rooting your phone, just remove what you can, disable the rest and get a 1T MC.
The_Chief
Nebula
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
You can go to Settings - Apps and uninstall the carrier-installed bloatware... er, "featured apps". If an app can't be uninstalled (aka system app), you can try and disable it. Disabled apps take up no space in RAM and will not show up in the app list
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Why are you even buying a phone if you don't want any of the features? Just buy a nokia dumbphone and be done with it.
Liam_TECH
Halo
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Heya there, I understand of all of the things that you are experiencing, and wanting to turn it off. Go ahead, reply to this message, and I'll help when I'm avaliable. (I may be busy, but I'll
do my best.)
0 Likes
daybreak357
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
You can go to the play store and down load a ( APK EXTRACTOR ) there are several of them even ones that also help you with other things. I down loaded an Extractor and removed some of the apps that samsung and goggle had installed, after you get finished with it if you don't want it any more Uninstall it, I keep one on my phone all the time so I can just hit the button when I am ready.i also meant to put on there they apk manager and some of them will let you save deleted apps in a file in case you ever want to reinstall it and a few other things along with extracting them.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
AOD takes up no additional space on your phone, it's part of the OS. It uses absolutely no resources unless you turn it on. You can turn off AI features if your phone has them and don't want to use them. Again, uses no resources unless you utilize it. You want a basic phone thats just a phone? I hear Nokia is back to making them, but your choice was to buy a Samsung.