Original topic:

Made calendar changes on my desktop but hasn't synced to phone calendar

(Topic created: 07-24-2023 07:43 PM)
kkm808
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I make calendar changes on my desktop and I don't see changes on my phone calendar. Sync is turned on. I'm not sure what to do.

1 Reply
Solution
Gossipfunda
Nebula
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

If you're experiencing issues with calendar syncing between your desktop and phone, there are several troubleshooting steps you can follow to try and resolve the problem:

1. Check internet connection: Ensure that both your desktop and phone have a stable internet connection. Calendar data syncing requires an active internet connection to work correctly.

2. Update the calendar app: Make sure you have the latest version of the calendar app installed on both your desktop and phone. Outdated apps can sometimes cause syncing problems.

3. Verify account sync settings: On both devices, confirm that the calendar sync is turned on for the account you're using. For example, if you're using a Google Calendar, go to the account settings and check if the calendar sync option is enabled.

4. Force sync on your phone: On your phone, you can try forcing a manual sync to see if that helps. Go to the calendar app settings on your phone and look for the "Sync" or "Refresh" option.

5. Check calendar permissions: Ensure that the calendar app on your phone has the necessary permissions to sync data. Go to your phone's settings, find the app permissions, and make sure calendar access is allowed.

6. Restart devices: Sometimes, a simple restart of both your desktop and phone can resolve sync issues.

7. Clear app cache (phone): If you're using a smartphone, clearing the cache of the calendar app might help. Go to your phone's settings, find the app settings, and look for the option to clear app cache.

8. Check conflicting events: Ensure that there are no conflicting events that may be causing syncing problems. For example, if you have overlapping events or events with incorrect time settings, it can affect syncing.

9. Verify calendar source: Double-check that you are using the same calendar account/source on both your desktop and phone. If you have multiple accounts (e.g., Google, Microsoft, iCloud), make sure you're using the same one.

10. Update your operating system: Ensure that both your desktop and phone have the latest operating system updates installed, as they may contain bug fixes and improvements related to calendar syncing.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" ⬇