JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No function on the recent app button in the navigation bar

(Topic created: 08-09-2024 10:03 PM)
KiaraBellaBob
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

My recent apps button on the navagation bar isn't doing anything. But it shows that I am pressing it just like the home and back button, it just isn't doing anything. I have a Samsung A14 5G. It is so annoying. Also, when I do gestures, I can't swipe up at all in any of the modes for gestures. Whether it be the one line on the bottom or 3 lines on the bottom. I have already tried doing the recovery mode and clearing cache. But I can't go into safe mode for some reason...I don't know why.

27 Replies
Members_gWdFgFo
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

If you still having problems with this. All you have to do is swipe up from bottom screen and hold (finger on screen). The recent app should pop up and you can close or choose which one to jump too. I had this problem also from the latest update. 

0 Likes
jakobt
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

A13 same problems, even reset won't fix it

0 Likes
userYNh540LMbW
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Samsung galaxy22 + having problem after update
0 Likes
userTUBbCKvl4Z
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
My text to speech just disappeared on the new update along with my recent tab no longer works but looks like I'm pressing it and when i hold the home button for google assistant now it wants me to circle something on the page to search. **bleep** I hardly ever want to google search something on the page I'm on and with my voice to text no longer worker makes it so I can't do anything somewhat time saving or hands free and on top of all that ever since the update
Y phone gets extra
Extremely hot even more so when charging to the point my phone has shut all open apps down a few times it's never done this before update I only got the pho e a few the ago granted I know the galaxy S23 isn't the newet phone but literally only had it a few months to replace my s21 fe I'm a loyal and devoted samsung girl but lately it's turning to **bleep**
0 Likes
digitalsean
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I had found toggling the Navigation Button order worked for me, but reading your comment about new 'Circle to Search' has me wondering if this the real cause of the problem.

Perhaps we could turning off this setting:

Settings > Navigation Bar > Circle to Search

Circle to Search was added to the nav bar around 6-8 months ago, so the timing fits in with reports of people seeing issues with 'recent apps' button stopping working intermittently.

0 Likes
userZJMwt1l0Uh
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I have a Samsung S23 FE 5G and the recent button lights up but doesn't do anything... it's there a fix for this?? Does anyone know?

0 Likes
Members_MvPgl67
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Galaxy A15 ...me too...only works after restart. Obviously a big issue... hopefully they will fix this soon! Very aggravating

0 Likes
digitalsean
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Over last couple of months Sept / Oct 2024,  I have occasionally been seeing situations where the 'recent apps' button stopped working.  I assumed it was a misbehaving app.  In my settings I have selected the 'Navigation Bar' button order 'back button' on the left and  'recent apps'.

This seemed to fix the issue for me and gets the 'recent apps' working again:

Look for the 'Navigation Bar button order' setting, and switch it back and forward again.

Settings > Display > Navigation Bar > More options

I found that changing the order, and the changing it back again seemed to fix this issue in short term.   

My normal setting is  'back button' on left, and 'recent apps' on right'.  I also add the accessibility shortcut button to enable screen colour toggle.    Tried switching launcher, and tried settings > navigation buttons swipe mode on/off, and touch protection on/off - this did not fix the issue.  Rebooting sometimes fixes the issue, but rebooting does not always fix the issue.

Changing the navigation button order back and forward seems to provide a quick fix for me.  I would be interested if people find a more permanent fix, or find that a particular order is more reliable.

0 Likes