Original topic:

Saving downloaded music to Google drive

(Topic created: Friday)
useryjmN9TNYBg
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I previously had a Galaxy s22 and had to do a factory reset. Backup was turned on, and everything  was reinstalled successfully but my music. For whatever reason, Google backup won't save my music. . I now have an A25 and I'm in the process of rebuilding my music library. I don't want this to happen again and I'm wondering how I get all my music added to the backup on my Google Drive.  Not only that, but where is all my music stored? I went into my files and looked at both the music and download file. Some of my songs are in those files, but not all of them Maybe about a third. I can't even transfer them over to my Chromebook if I don't know where they are located LOL.

13 Replies
userra
Sun
Options
Under My Files, there's an option to link Google Drive. I use Microsoft One Drive but pay for it, but I think I might start using Google it gives a lot of information about the songs, too. Did you select to backup music? Also, do you have too much music that it exceeds storage limit?
0 Likes
useryjmN9TNYBg
Cosmic Ray
Options
I ended up opening up Google drive and backing up my music manually. I always thought that if you had backup turned on it would back up everything that's on your phone, but apparently not. And I don't see anything that allows me to automatically back my music up. I'll just have to make sure I do that with each song that I add from this point forward.. Google Drive does show that all my music is downloaded to my music folder on my phone, but when I open the folder on my phone, only some of the songs show up. Weird.
userra
Sun
Options
Hmm, maybe they are copyright? Or incompatible format, although, Samsung music player won't play half my songs so I also store them on Spotify app. Have you tried a search for the name of the song in the search bar?
0 Likes
useryjmN9TNYBg
Cosmic Ray
Options
The songs are all on my phone, and I'm able to play them using Samsung music. About 2/3 of them are downloaded from Amazon music and the rest I had saved on other devices. I just don't understand why they all show up when I upload all the music files using Google Drive, but when I open the same folder on my phone only some of them are there. Oh well.. at least I figured out a way to save them. Thanks for respondingšŸ˜‰
userra
Sun
Options
You're welcome! Yeah, I'm stuck with my iPhone. That is my main phone only due to my music library, lol. I think you can't see the files due to copyright make, perhaps. It has to be DRM Digital Rights Management free music files. Like MP3s format. I'll have to check Amazon music out as I do have an account with them.
useryjmN9TNYBg
Cosmic Ray
Options
I'd stick with the iPhone if I were you. I haven't been happy with my last two Galaxy phones.
0 Likes
userra
Sun
Options
You should check out Spotify as Samsung player. Let's you play local music files, and it integrates with the Samsung music app for free, too. I like rare songs, so I enjoy Spotify but invested with apple Music since iPad days. The music sounds better on Samsung but that's objective . I'm going to look into Amazon. Sorry about your 2 phones that isn't cool.
0 Likes
useryjmN9TNYBg
Cosmic Ray
Options
I do have a Spotify account with my playlists, but I usually only use it when they send me a special offer. I'd rather not pay $13 a month. I do use the free version from time to time, but unless I'm playing it on my fire stick, it will only let me play my playlisst in random order and it doesn't go through all the music before it starts repeating itself. Since it's the free version, I guess I can't expect too much, LOL
0 Likes
userra
Sun
Options
I have a Firestick too. I haven't used it but once. I'm going to try that. Thanks for the information. Yeah, too expensive.