Original topic:

Screen timeout during a phone call

(Topic created: yesterday)
BBJohn
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
How do I keep my screen on during a call? It goes out after a few seconds and I can't hang up.
9 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

@BBJohn You would need to double tap the screen or momentarily click the side button. 

0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
In display settings you can change the time out duration
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

No, you can't. There is no setting that will allow the screen to stay on longer than pre-programmed by the phone app. We've all been looking for some way to keep it on.

0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Again you are wrong it's only in settings than display than scroll down to screen time out been on many years and models
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

that does not work with the phone dialer -- on any phone of any brand.  It's a coded time out. If you are going to tell people they are wrong, make sure you are right. You are not.

0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Again takes 30 seconds top to find the setting and it doesn't matter if phone dialer or not same setting for tome out unless you git proof otherwise which would say phone for models going back years it's worked on as I stated odd
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

You are absolutely wrong.  I know where the setting is and what it's for. It is NOT for the phone dialer.

0 Likes
meself
Black Hole
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
You obviously didn't understand the post or what was asked
0 Likes
BBJohn
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
Thank you. Realaud, you are correct. The time out setting is only when the phone is inactive, not during a phone call. I knew about tapping or using the on/off button. I was hoping there was a setting. Apparently not.
0 Likes