Original topic:

Volume automatically turns down

(Topic created: 08-02-2024 02:24 AM)
Members_iOrpVb4
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Screenshot_20240801_122423_Gallery.jpg

My volume automatically turns itself down when I plug it into my car's usb C to 3.5. 

I don't have the volume limiter on, and I don't have any setting enabled to control my sound. This is driving me nuts and is making me regret switching to android, which is supposed to be the more customizable platform anyway. 

Thanks in advance!

6 Replies
GVoice4Life
Cosmic Ray
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
My s24+ suddenly lowered the volume on notifications and I wasn't able to hear them. The volumes for Ringtone, Notifications, Media, and System were at least 50% but were barely audible through the speakers or my BT headphones. The fix: go back and reestablish the unique Ringtones for the apps (they were already set but weren't being used by the phone). Meanwhile, I missed a phone call and numerous texts, some that were time sensitive.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I believe it lowers the BT audio volume so as not to blast out of your car's speakers, since it does not know what volume you have your car speakers set at. That looks like it's connected to your buds.  It's a protective measure for your ears. Can't you control volume with your buds?, just raise the volume again.  Presumably you connect to your car and set things up before you start driving, so take an extra second to raise the volume.

0 Likes
Members_iOrpVb4
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Its not bluetooth, its a wired usb c to 3.5mm. Secondly, its not connected to buds, its connected to my car. It FIGHTS me when I turn the volume up during the ride, like it "knows what's best" when I cant even hear the fkn music at full volume on my car speakers.

0 Likes
Ziahh
Halo
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
If it recognizes as a headphones they automatically turn down to protect your ears even if its in your car all my phones have done that even iphones
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Yes, but for some reason, the phones see a headphone jack connection as BT. I've had this problem no matter what brand the phone. It also seas it as a disconnect from your headphones. The tech is wonky like that. They've only had 20 years to get it right. Give em a little more time.

0 Likes
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
A Series & Other Mobile
If the connection is seen as Bluetooth, maybe it can be changed from within the Bluetooth settings? In OneUI 6, there is now an option to select what kind of connection a Bluetooth pairing is (headphones, speaker, or others).
1722590600792.jpg1722590600795.jpg1722590600802.jpg1722590600811.jpg
0 Likes