JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bluetooth super flaky on this Chromebook. Either won't connect or won't stay connected

(Topic created: 06-26-2022 04:36 PM)
HildaSchmilda
Asteroid
Options
Computers

When I first got this Chromebook it was fine connecting to the bluetooth speaker. The older it gets the worse it seems to be getting. I just powerwashed it again too. It just got too old for any more updates. It takes multiple tries to connect to the speaker. This happens with 2 different speakers. Often within .5 seconds of connecting it disconnects. Then when it finally really  does connect it often disconnects within 5-20 minutes for no reason I can see. I have unpaired, turned off bluetooth, rebooted, turned bluetooth on and re-paired to no avail. I just got some bluetooth ear buds and the Chromebook won't even pair. The Android phone has no problems connecting to either the ear buds or the speakers. I'm open to any and all suggestions!

3 Replies
HildaSchmilda
Asteroid
Options
Computers

wow. No ideas? Well, anyway, the strangest thing has happened! The speaker now connects perfectly. I don't know what changed or how long this is going to last...

0 Likes
Solution
HildaSchmilda
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Okay, I figured out if I unpair the speaker from the Android the Chromebook will connect to the speaker & (so far) stay connected. Weird, because the Android will connect to the speaker without having to unpair it from the Chromebook. (Just to be clear, I am not trying to connect both to the speaker simultaneously.) I don't know if this is a quirk of this machine but I can find no mention of this problem on the Internet.

Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

I can definitely understand your concern here. Connecting your device via Bluetooth shouldn't present much of a challenge.  Let's try to alleviate some of the stress by trying this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109641/

Please read the link in its entirety to reap the full benefit of the troubleshooting. If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case-by-case basis, please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location