JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Chromebook 4 - When I put the charger in it blinks red to green to blue.

(Topic created: 04-11-2022 04:49 AM)
user0KKUvbPWse
Astronaut
Options
Computers

I now have two of the same device doing this which worries me.  I have over 150 of these in use at a school.  When  you plug in the Chromebook 4 it just cycles the light on the side from red, to green, to blue.  When it gets to blue the screen lights up for a second then it goes black and the light on the side starts the cycle again.   I disconnected and reconnected the battery and I did the esc refresh thing.  Has anyone seen this issue and know what is going on?

Thanks

7 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hey, does the device still power on when this occurs?

0 Likes
user0KKUvbPWse
Astronaut
Options
Computers

For a quick second it powers on when the light is blue.   Then the cycle starts again with the red and green lights on the side.

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Just want to confirm have you tried the troubleshooting steps in the link below? 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01110727/

0 Likes
userpzU7b9tWVu
Constellation
Options
Computers

Ours will power on if you disconnect and reconnect the charger. Power wash does not fix it. 

0 Likes
userpzU7b9tWVu
Constellation
Options
Computers

We are having this issue. About 15 out of 700 or so.. It will power up if you unplug the charger and then plug it back in. It does not recognize the battery at all. If I put in a battery from a working one it works just fine. It seems hard to believe that we have 15 dead batteries already in less than two years.

userJ78bZINyak
Astronaut
Options
Computers

I an also having this issue, it blinks between the colours at random and wont boot. 

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

If the troubleshooting article did not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case by case basis please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location