JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Book 3 Ultra Constant BSOD after Hibernation

(Topic created: 10-29-2023 05:22 AM)
seandm69
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Anyone else have issues with their GB3 utlra having BSOD after hibernation? seems to freeze at first when opening screen back up and then dumps to BSOD. 

I have only had the laptop for about 3 weeks and the BSOD seem to be occuring more frequently as time goes on.

Not sure if there was a Bios Update to fix this issue or something?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
seandm69
Asteroid
Options
Computers
I think it is resolved with a clean reset. Issue appeared to be a Windows 11 debloater script from Chris Titus.

View solution in context

5 Replies
Geno71
Planetary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Computers

@seandm69 

A BSOD is never a good thing. I recommend checking for a BIOS update, but also, since it's already happening, it's hard to tell what system files might have been corrupted already, so if it was me, even if the BIOS update helps, I'd still reinstall the operating system, just in case.

BTW, have you by any chance noted what the BSOD error code is?

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

seandm69
Asteroid
Options
Computers
Something to do with the video, which I believe I saw nvidia.
I looked everywhere for the bios updates page on Samsung website and couldn't find anything.
0 Likes
seandm69
Asteroid
Options
Computers

your post gave me an idea and i think i know what is causing it, or at least i hope it is. i will do a system reset and see if the problem comes back.

0 Likes
Solution
seandm69
Asteroid
Options
Computers
I think it is resolved with a clean reset. Issue appeared to be a Windows 11 debloater script from Chris Titus.
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! That's great to hear, any kind of script or third-party software that does make changes to help reduce the processes used can cause issues like this to occur, if you wish to use another script/software like that please make sure to understand which each option does and to make a system restore point before proceding. 

0 Likes