JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Need assistance bad

(Topic created: 09-25-2023 12:06 PM)
Options
Computers
Does anyone know how to regain Admin rights on Windows 10? I've tried everything on YouTube and nothing is working. Somehow they're blocking my hello pin. It says "too many attempts have been made", on my first try. Can't get a factory reset either.

I really have been trying any and everything. I get unending loading, redirects, and blocked access to other accounts on my laptop
6 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Computers
Have you already contacted Microsoft about this? They might be able to help.
0 Likes
FloppyFloppa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers
Hmm. I know that you probably don't want to factory reset your computer but it would fix it. If it's a desktop or the drives are removable and not soldered or bitlocker encrypted then you might be able to get the data off. I believe if you switch to password and click forgot password you may be able to use a password reset from the email on you phone to get in. If you don't have access to the account that is the admin or the email or phone linked to it than factory reset may be only option.
0 Likes
Options
Computers
I've tried entering safe mode using F4 immediately at startup and it takes a while and nothing. I can't even factory reset it. When I used my hello pin to go around them it says it unavailable due to wrong entries. I'm about to throw this thing across the room.
0 Likes
FloppyFloppa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers
Take out the drive connect to something else and format it. Then try reinstalling windows from a USB. Then you can probably get your computer back if you don't care about the data.
0 Likes
cafyon
Cosmic Ray
Options
Computers

If external URLs are ok in this forum:  <hidden> (Note to editor: Beg my pardon but it's open info. In Win login screen, there is one executable invoked via keypress. One changes cmd prompt with its exe, invoke cmd and run known commands to gain admin access to any user. It's common practice and freely accessible info via internet search. So why the edit?)
I've successfully managed to change Administrator user pw by this method on a couple of computers in the past but dunno if it can still work after 21Hx updates.

860 Pro 4 TB
870 Evo 250 GB
970 Pro 1 TB
PM893 7.68 TB
Story Station Plus 1.5 TB
Story Station Plus 2 TB
Story Station 3.0 2 TB
😉
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! If the information from the community does not help then you will need to reach out to Microsoft for further help as this will be a windows issue.