JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Notebook 9 Pro - 940X5N Display turning to a white/gray state.

(Topic created: 05-13-2021 06:57 AM)
userYiEQZ1tQ4w
Constellation
Options
Computers

Video

The display will suddenly turn to this whitish state but will immediately return to normal when plugging in or unplugging an external monitor. Does this point to a software/driver issue since changing the display settings correct it (temporarily?)

I can't figure out what is making it do this so I can't reproduce the problem. It just happens at random times, although it was happening more frequently last night. 

Thank you in advance for reading.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Computers

I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case-by-case basis please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Computers

Have you updated the device or the OS recently?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userYiEQZ1tQ4w
Constellation
Options
Computers

Yeah. Well it's been doing it intermittently for a while--around a month. In that time, there has been Windows updates. But I thought it was an issue with running the external display. However it did last night on its own.

It didn't start UNTIL I connected the external display. Along with that, I downloaded the Intel drivers for the integrated graphics and calibration software (DisplayCal) to try and make the colors better on the display.

Before going to bed last night I deleted the display driver in Device Manager and restarted. Maybe they were conflicting with the ones downloaded from the Samsung Update app?

0 Likes
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Computers

I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case-by-case basis please provide the full model code and the serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook 

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

0 Likes