JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S Pen issue with new Galaxy Book Flex

(Topic created: 10-18-2020 05:54 PM)
userHvyBwpson2
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I just took delivery of the Flex about 2 weeks ago. Everything looks and works well except the S Pen gives me quite a bit of trouble. About a week after I have start using my new laptop, there is an error message popping up as a message notification to the right side of the screen. It said "Connection error: Connection failed. Check the connection environment or the battery level of the S Pen". I have tried to reset the S Pen through the Samsung settings panel to no avail. I have called the tech support line and I believe he has re-installed the driver on my machine and it seems to work, but only for a few days because it came right back to where it was before. I called again and the tech guy won't able to help much. He did offer to send me a new S Pen and I'll see if that may cure the problem. 

userv84vUZS8H7
Astronaut
Options
Computers

I got the same error message and noticed that when it happens my bluetooth mouse disconnects. So the problem revolves around the bluetooth connection. It's not just related to the S pen. Is it the bluetooth driver or a hardware problem?

0 Likes
user2fVnEATODw
Astronaut
Options
Computers

so at least i am not alone...same issue...no resolve.   now what?

Marmalade
Constellation
Options
Computers

Try turning off bluetooth and turning it back on in your computer's settings, not samsung settings. It worked for me; pretty upstting such an expensive laptop has simple flaws.

user1M9hZtTonK
Astronaut
Options
Computers

Hi - same problem here. Does anyone know whether Samsung reads this? I am surprised that a computer this expensive has such a basic flaw

0 Likes
user08H4YCcvbW
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Same problem here in first week of use. Pressure sensitive stylus seems to work properly, but button does not work at all.

0 Likes
Operator7G
Constellation
Options
Computers

Ditto. One week in and I've been getting the message regularly. This topic is more than four months old and there's no fix to this problem?!

0 Likes
user08H4YCcvbW
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I was able to solve the connection error and Air Action gestures issue by updating the bluetooth driver using the Samsung Update app. Now Samsung Settings shows the S Pen Air Actions are available with 100% battery. I verified that all of the Air Actions work. Good luck!

userIdHGST7CaL
Astronaut
Options
Computers

Perfect, back up and running. Thanks Tony

0 Likes
user08H4YCcvbW
Asteroid
Options
Computers

FYI, I had the same problem again this week. I reinstalled the bluetooth driver since that worked previously, and it is working properly once again. I'm not sure what caused the bluetooth driver to stop working twice within 3 weeks.

0 Likes
usernzBIqMO5fF
Astronaut
Options
Computers

I had the same issue. I needed up having to go into the samsung settings under the s pen tab and click reset s pen. Once that was done and reconnected it started charging up my s pen right away. I haven't had any problems since. I hope that helps you too.

0 Likes