JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S Pen issue with new Galaxy Book Flex

(Topic created: 01-11-2021 04:25 AM)
userHvyBwpson2
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I just took delivery of the Flex about 2 weeks ago. Everything looks and works well except the S Pen gives me quite a bit of trouble. About a week after I have start using my new laptop, there is an error message popping up as a message notification to the right side of the screen. It said "Connection error: Connection failed. Check the connection environment or the battery level of the S Pen". I have tried to reset the S Pen through the Samsung settings panel to no avail. I have called the tech support line and I believe he has re-installed the driver on my machine and it seems to work, but only for a few days because it came right back to where it was before. I called again and the tech guy won't able to help much. He did offer to send me a new S Pen and I'll see if that may cure the problem. 

24 Replies
user9hM6Pc8f0Z
Constellation
Options
Computers

I'm having the exact sam problem

0 Likes
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Computers

If the troubleshooting in this thread does not help. I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userHvyBwpson2
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I have found out the issue really comes from the Bluetooth software installed in the laptop. You may want to re-install Bluetooth and that should at least resolve the problem with the S-pen temporary. The problem my re-surface later since the "bug" is really with the Bluetooth software itself. Samsung will need to look into their Bluetooth system software installation and "fix" the problem once and for all. 

user1dGjJ6KqHu
Astronaut
Options
Computers

I bought the Samsung Galaxy Flex 13" brand new, directly from Samsung (paid an extra $50 over Amazon prices thinking I would get an updated and solid version of this laptop) and am having the same issue. I find it hard to believe a great company like Samsung is still shipping laptops, nearly a year later, with this issue and not telling anyone about it. Are you kidding me Samsung? I don't want to fiddle around with trying this or that. I want Samsung to tell us EXACTLY how to fix this issue permanently or I want a full refund for the very expensive laptop I just bought from them. The only reason I bought the Flex vs a cheaper laptop was because of the S Pen and it doesn't work.

Does anyone have a permanent fix to this issue? Samsung are you there??

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Computers

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes