Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy Book S - Camera Sensor Hi-1A1 - Windows 10 64 bit drivers issue

(Topic created: 03-26-2021 02:56 PM)
74lobster
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Book S model: NP767XCM-K02IT with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Insider Preview Build 21343.1000 and I have a problem with the webcam drivers.

As you can see in the screenshots below, the drivers of the Camera Sensor Hi-1A1 show an error:

error Code 10

STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE

The drivers installed are from Windows 10, but the webcam does not functions.

drv_1.jpgdrv_2.jpg

As you can see from the other screenshot below, the other webcam drivers are ok:

drv_3.jpg

But the other drivers give me an error...

Someone can help me to solve this issue ?

Thanks in advance.

Cesare

Cesare Romano

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Elementeyas
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I did a Factory Reset via Samsung Recovery and the Camera started working again

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 Replies
ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Computers

Insider Preview builds are considered Beta and therefore not guaranteed to be 100% complete.

Switch to a current Win 10 Pro build for full support.

0 Likes
74lobster
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I know, but the Windows Insider versions are the future of Windows 10 pro, so should be better to find a solution for the drivers issues instead to downgrade the operative system... 

Cesare Romano
0 Likes
ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Computers

You need to review the provisions of the agreement you made with Microsoft when signing up for the Insider.  It is plainly stated there will be stuff missing and you agreed to put up with it.

I run multiple OS drives here one of them being an insider.  I do not rightfully expect the same support on Insider as I do on my Standard Win 10 builds.  Insider is a glimpse of what MickeySoft is up to for future builds kind of like a Sandbox where you try new things and if they don't work out you toss them and try something else.

Complain to Microsoft about the lack of Insider drivers and see where it gets you.

Samsung along with all the other companys cannot guarantee compatibility with an unfinished product.  Once the build reaches Release stage then the drivers can be solidified.

0 Likes
74lobster
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Hi,

you right, but I pretend nothing, I simply asked if someone may have a solution for my issue...

Anyway I posted also in the Microsoft Windows 10 forum the same question, hoping to receive a solution for my problem:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/all/rs-prerelease-build-21343-is-out-to-dev-channe...

We will see...

Thanks anyway.

Cesare

Cesare Romano
0 Likes
Elementeyas
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I have the exact same Problem on my Galaxy Book S. Did you find a Solution?

0 Likes
74lobster
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Hi, in my case the webcam driver problem was caused by the program IO Driver Booster Pro.

That program installed some wrong drivers and this caused the webcam driver issue.

Fortunately I did a recovery point before the IO Driver Booster changements, so I could go back and I fixed the issue, otherwise I had to re-install Windows 10 again...

Please lemme know if my answer solved your problem.

Bye.

Cesare Romano
0 Likes
Elementeyas
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Coud you please make Photos of the driver after you fixed it? 
I just looked at the 3 Fotos you made and i have the exact same driver with the exact same version. Apparently this Version is faulty and causes all the troubles

0 Likes
74lobster
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Hi, in this moment I have not the notebook because it has another issue that the service has not repaired and so I have sent it back to the repair center.

The other issue is that the notebook turns on only if connected at the electric power line with the electrical cable, otherwise is not possible to turn the notebook on...

I think that this notebook is a very low quality product.

Cesare Romano
0 Likes
Solution
Elementeyas
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I did a Factory Reset via Samsung Recovery and the Camera started working again

0 Likes