JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

The battery of my galaxy book2 pro 360 15.6" computer lasts a short time

(Topic created: 09-25-2022 05:19 PM)
Brandostick
Constellation
Options
Computers

I am delighted with my new Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 I7 - 1TB, however, I am frustrated to see that the average duration on a Zoom call is less than 3 hours of talk time before the battery reaches 0. and on daily use, just browsing the internet, with the dark theme, screen brightness at 50% and in the No Noise configuration (which consumes less energy) I barely reach 6 hours...

Today is my 5th cycle of use, I disconnected it 50 minutes ago, I only have 2 chrome tabs open and 20% is already spent.

Is there a way to detect if my computer came with a battery problem?

I asked for a battery report in Windows and its capacity is even slightly above what is indicated. (67,936mWh)

I want to think it's a software issue but I wouldn't know how to detect it...

What I can do?

4 Replies
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Computers
Super AMOLED screens are optimized for dark colors. If you are using a light color, this will use up more of your PC's battery.
0 Likes
Brandostick
Constellation
Options
Computers

Thanks for your opinion. As I mentioned before, I use a black theme with a black background. the one that comes by default, which is very nice. but the performance is the same.

Today I see a slight variation of improvement. I am working it in silent mode, which gives the lowest performance but I have only worked in Chrome and Office. and performance has improved but is still very limited.

0 Likes
jquiros401
Astronaut
Options
Computers
full experience
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Computers

Hello! I understand how this can be frustrating with your laptop not staying charged for long. I would recommend trying the steps in the link below. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01201702/

If these steps do not help then you will have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your device was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334.

0 Likes