JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Windows Hello Face "No compatible Windows Camera"?

(Topic created: 10-15-2020 10:12 PM)
darya8
Asteroid
Options
Computers

In September 2020 I bought the Galaxy Book Flex Alpha, and upon doing all the necessary updates, the system still shows me that Windows Hello Face is not an available sign-in option. How can this be fixed? It's a brand new laptop. 

samsung error.PNG

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Computers

I am sorry to hear about this. Have you created the account sign-in PIN yet? There is a step by step guide to Windows Hello setup at this LINK.

0 Likes
darya8
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Yes, I have set up a PIN login. My question is about the Hello Face functionality and how I can't get it to work on a brand new device. Nothing is wrong with the camera. 

Satru
Comet
Options
Computers
camera is not working or need driver
0 Likes
darya8
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Nothing is wrong with the camera. It is a brand new device. 

MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Computers

Does the camera not work in any situation? Have you attempted to take a picture or video with outside of logging in?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
darya8
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Nothing is wrong with the camera. Works for Zoom, etc. without problems. It is a brand new device. 

MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Computers

I recommend making sure that your device is fully up to date. Also, it may be less than ideal, but a factory reset may be in order.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
darya8
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Have already done all the above -- hence I am here seeking other resolutions. 

Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Computers

Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

0 Likes