JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

galaxy book pro 360 15.5 screen turns off briefly

(Topic created: 11-11-2021 10:29 AM)
Zraya
Constellation
Options
Computers

Hoping somebody can help because this is driving me crazy. Whenever I plug or unplug the laptop from a power source the screen turns off briefly, it will also pause audio from spotify and does not restart it automatically. I have had this laptop since March and hardly use it so I am unsure if it has always been this way. To me it makes no sense for a convertible laptop to do this. I am using the save battery feature of only charging to 85% because most of the time I am able to use a charging source, but if I am in the middle of something it would be great to be able to just carry my laptop to another room in the house without everything pausing etc... I have tried changing all the battery settings to no avail. I have spent a few hours trying to research this issue which seems to be a common problem with a variety of laptops. The solutions are about refresh rates which you cannot change on this display (15.5) the only option is 60Hz. I am currently on Windows 11, but this was happening before the upgrade. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LoganRandall
Astronaut
Options
Computers
it's the HDR setting. go into windows settings>display>hdr>turn it off

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
LoganRandall
Astronaut
Options
Computers
it's the HDR setting. go into windows settings>display>hdr>turn it off
Paulo_2070
Constellation
Options
Computers

It works, thank you!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Computers
If that didn't work
Remove Microsoft display drive and install Samsung display driver
0 Likes
Zraya
Constellation
Options
Computers

I will take the HDR for now as it appears to be working! But HDR was off and greyed out yesterday when I first started to research this and somehow in my trying to fix it I changed a setting and all of a sudden I could turn HDR back on. Who knows that probably enabled some other setting that I changed after turning HDR back on. For now as I said it seems to be working so thank you very much. I appreciate it. This is what happens when you give someone a tool that they know very little about. 😉

westjc
Constellation
Options
Computers

I have the same problem on my Galaxy Book Pro 360 13.3" since I bought it in last month. I cannot fix it even tried to turn HDR off. Anyone can help???

0 Likes