JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

"Update the app you just came from."

(Topic created: 02-25-2022 01:43 PM)
AngryFace
Asteroid
Options
Computers

I got a new galaxy book pro 360 delivered today and am unable to sign in to my Samsung account. I've updated all software and apps on the computer. I've spent hours on the phone with two different techs. I'm exhausted and about to return this $1,500 laptop because the one thing I bought it for - to be able to easily sync my notes to a windows machine that also functions like a tablet - doesn't work.

The full error text is:

"Update the app you just came from

The app you tried to sign in from is too out of date to connect to your Samsung account. Go to the About page in that app and update it. "

An okay button is the only option. 

Has anyone ever experienced this maddening problem before, and, if so, how did you solve it other than returning it? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Computers
I've been there so I know your frustration.
0 Likes
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Computers
Once you get past the initial setup you will love the laptop. The screen still blows me away and had it since May. It performs well and is a work horse. Samsung has been improving the software. It was far from perfect. But has gotten a lot better. You should see the bios, they ditched the standard years ago look.
0 Likes
userl7jljeCWhH
Constellation
Options
Computers

I just got mine delivered today. I had the same issue! Talk about a worthless error message. 

From what I could gather, it appears to be impossible to find a way to update Galaxy Book Experience, the app that connects your computer and phone, because it's deprecated.  The app is now called Samsung Flow. Download it from the windows store on your laptop, and from the google play store from your phone. 

My phone and laptop are now connected. I hope this is all true, but I couldn't find any other resolution to our issue. I just uninstalled Galaxy Book Experience.

Good luck!

AngryFace
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Good morning! That connects my phone but I still can't get my notes to sync. Were you able to get notes and photos to sync using flow? 

0 Likes
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Computers
Open the Note app, there is a settings symbol at the top. It's small, next to the 3 lines on my tablet. On the laptop I trying to remember on the folders screen same symbol. Go into the settings menu. You will see a sync menu. It takes a minute, but, all your notes will sync. Same for the gallery app.
0 Likes
AngryFace
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Hiya again - still no joy. It will not even give me the option to sign in, it just goes back to the same "update the app you just came from" nonsense. 20220226_162504.jpg

0 Likes
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Computers
Try signing out and signing back in.
0 Likes
Solution
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Computers
I'm on my laptop, the Note app is version 4.3.11.0. I'm signed into Samsung Cloud and storage sync is always on. What is your version. And, search for Galaxy Appstore from a web browser or the Note app. Download it from Samsung and not Microsoft. Most of the time I get my apps directly from the sources. Sometimes you can download them directly to a folder. Sometimes they do ask you if you want them from Microsoft store. If given an option, take them directly from the source.
0 Likes
AngryFace
Asteroid
Options
Computers

Weird. Even though I've updated all of the apps, including Notes, (some of them more than once) I checked and had a lower version. There was another update available in the Wistore, and using it magically fixed notes. 

It seems like updating only takes me one version up, and I have to continue checking for additional updates. Galaxy Book Experience isn't available in any store though.

Gallery and Bluetooth Sync still don't work and show no updates, but maybe they'll also decide to work?  Thanks for all the tips! I appreciate it. 🙂

0 Likes
imsross
Asteroid
Options
Computers

So I figured it out on my end.... I was trying to sign in using my Google account, and that's when I was getting the error message. I tried signing in using the Samsung account instead and boom! it worked! 

Hope this helps!

0 Likes