JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Adding apps to groups on phone or tablet

(Topic created: 03-28-2024 05:30 PM)
Rayzer
Sun
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

When I add an application to a group on my S9 tablet by clicking the Plus it brings up a list of applications where I can select multiple ones to add to the group.

Adding an application to my S9 tablet

However, when I click on the plus sign on a group on my z-fold 4 phone it goes to edit the name of the group. To add items on my phone I have to go down to the application listings and select the item I want to add to home and then drag them into the group.

Is this normal behavior? Both devices are running Android 14
11 Replies
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

It sounds like its registering your tap on the edit text field and not the plus I would try taping closer to the circle and see if that helps 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

Rayzer
Sun
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I can edit the name of the group or I can change its properties. I can't select anything in between.1711663256523_1711663256511_0.png1711663493768_1711663493757_0.png
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hi Rayzer, One thought, are you using a launcher? Have you tried clearing the cache for the One UI or launcher?

0 Likes
Rayzer
Sun
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Serendipity, but I got a new phone to try it on. See my last post on this subject. It's still got me stumped.
0 Likes
Rayzer
Sun
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I had Microsoft launcher that was upgraded into my Z fold from my old note phone but I've never used it. I uninstalled it and cleared the cash for home UI 1, and it still doesn't allow me to select applications. I always thought it was somewhat cumbersome to add applications into groups and wouldn't have known that anything was wrong if it wasn't for my S9 Ultra tablet. It's just so much easier to do everything on it! Except possibly hold in your hand.1711666996849_1711666996837_0.png
0 Likes
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Sorry just saw your reply Ill see what I can figure out when I get back to my parents and test a few things on there Fold 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
Rayzer
Sun
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I just made a major discovery and found out that select apps to group works on the cover display and pages displayed on the cover page. I went into home screen settings and turned the cover display mirroring on to see if that would affect it. It did not make a difference either on or off. It works fine on the cover display and pages, but when you unfold the phone, folders on the main display do not.
0 Likes
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Works fine here, try Resetting by pressing and holding Power and Vol Down until the fold reboots. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
Rayzer
Sun
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
The hinge on my z-fold 4 gave out, and I got a replacement from Samsung Care+. I tried following this from the beginning on the new phone. Initially, It worked on my new phone until I installed the three updates attached to this post. Obviously, my data and applications also (using Smart Switch to transfer).
It was interesting that the layout of the folder on the new phone before being updated had the name "Google" on a separate line. After the updates, the folder name, plus sign, and properties button were all on one line. Which, as I've said previously, doesn't allow you to add applications from a checklist.Screenshot_20240402_161757_One UI Home_1000000034_1712099881.pngSmartSelect_20240402_221234_Software update_1000034386_1712121154.pngSmartSelect_20240402_221506_Software update_1000034387_1712121307.pngSmartSelect_20240402_225908_Software update_1000034388_1712123948.png
0 Likes