JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Check your Flip6 Screen for Noise

(Topic created: 08-05-2024 05:13 PM)
userwzOWJ4it8D
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I started hearing a noise when I would open the phone and thought it was the hinge. Turns out its actually the screen. On the left side where the crease is, if I press down, the screen gives a little and makes a popping sound. Seems like an issue many are having by the crease and others have issue with hinge noises. I'm not confident the screen will last now and going to return the phone. Check the videos in the article to see where the screen issue is happening.

https://techissuestoday.com/some-galaxy-z-flip-6-users-returning-phone-due-to-hinge-noises/

https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxyzflip/comments/1efhy0h/is_anybody_elses_flip_6_display_like_loose_at_...

19 Replies
userDKDh4WPGTf
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I didn't return it because I already sent the flip 5 back and wouldn't have a phone to use. Plus I refuse to pay Samsung money for a replacement after already paying for a new phone and receiving a phone with a slight issue. I made an appointment at the Samsung store and will have them take a look at it. I'm thinking maybe it's the screen protector. Will see what happens.

I don't think it's normal. Not sure if they added a new pre installed screen protector and that could be causing that sound. There are people who have experienced this on the flip 5 and their phone still works.
0 Likes
BageI
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Interesting to see this is a widespread issue. Mine has begun making a crunching sound that can be replicated the same way your issue can. Not sure if it's the same issue but I'll be visiting a samsung store when I can.

userDKDh4WPGTf
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Did someone suggest how it can be replicated?
Because I have to go to the Samsung store as well and hoping they can resolve this issue.
0 Likes
userwzOWJ4it8D
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

If you press around the crease in the screen, you'll hear a popping sound. Before I replaced mine it was loud. After the screen replacement, its very faint and don't hear anything when I open the phone. Hoping it stays this way over time and doesn't start making the loud popping sound again.  Here's a good video that shows it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxyzflip/comments/1efhy0h/is_anybody_elses_flip_6_display_like_loose_at_...

userDKDh4WPGTf
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Thanks. When I touch the center there is no sound. Only when I open and close the flip there is a popping sound coming from the left side. If they can replace the screen protector and that resolves this issue that would be perfect. I think they switched the screen protector on thr flip 6 compared to the screen protector on the flip 5. My appointment is in a few days
0 Likes
userDKDh4WPGTf
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
The screen protector within the reddit post looks like it needs to be replaced. I'm thinking they changed the pre installed screen protector because the pre installed screen protector on the flip 5 wasn't thick like this one. But they need to address this issue. It's not fair that many have spent money to experience issues within a few weeks.
0 Likes
Cre8iveBD
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Hello, I just got my Zflip 6 about 2 weeks ago and it was perfectly fine. Yesterday, I noticed that on the left side as you mentioned, there is that clicking sound whenever you open the phone. It doesn't happen all the time which I agree that it's very awkward, but it's an annoying little quirk.. I'm glad to see other people experience it, but I'm not glad that this is affecting these devices. 😒
userDKDh4WPGTf
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Yea it annoys me as well lol. I'm bringing it to samsung so they can take a look at it. I didn't experience this on the 5. Only time that phone made a popping sound was when the screen protector was lifting at the hinge but right now on the 6 the screen protector isn't lifted.
0 Likes
mouwman
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I too had both the noise when closing/opening & popping noises around the crease on both sides. I could actually feel a lump on one side. I purchased through a carrier and brought it into a store. They ordered me another one which I received the next day
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We understand the concern with the screen making a popping sound near the crease.

If your screen is making a noise that is concerning, it is recommended to have the phone serviced. 

You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For return options, you will need to either contact Samsung E-Commerce at 1-855-726-8721, or your retailer.

For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

0 Likes