JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Does Ram plus improve performance?

(Topic created: 11-28-2022 05:47 PM)
SWVader113
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Does ram plus actually improve performance. Heard several conflicting views and not sure what to believe. With oneui 5 around the corner, should I disable it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Mustangbob
Halo
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
No virtual ram will actually slow your device down if you go above 4GB try it out and see how glitchy it is

View solution in context

9 Replies
7f7f7
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
:warning:
0 Likes
SWVader113
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
?
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
RAM+ was originally designed for the mid-range devices. Then Samsung decided they should push it to other devices, like the higher end, which do NOT need it. For those devices, it's mostly a marketing thing.

It's no different than virtual RAM on a desktop or laptop. We've been running Linux on our desktops and laptops, which have plenty of RAM, without V-RAM , with no side effects.

Our S22's and S21's don't need RAM+

There are countless articles out there suggesting how to disable it on the upper end devices.
SWVader113
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
So its pointless on flagship like z fold 3
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Seriously doubt you'll ever notice any performance improvement.
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Exactly ... on the high end devices, it's just a sales gimmick. Why it's now an option.
Solution
Mustangbob
Halo
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
No virtual ram will actually slow your device down if you go above 4GB try it out and see how glitchy it is
floydvoid
Comet
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
First thing I done after receiving the Ui5 update on my 22U was disable Ram+. It's not necessary on the higher end sam phones.
Mike079
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
You disable ram+ like it's going to die the phone down or something lol that's funny.
0 Likes