Original topic:

Fold 6 Display Colors Washed Out

(Topic created: Friday)
RenoRich
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Just setup my new Fold 6 and upgrading from the Fold 4. Very disappointed in the color saturation on both screens compared the Fold 4. The colors are washed out and I have both phones set for max vivid. Any one else see the same? Thanks. 

25 Replies
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Go to settings, display, and vivid natural section, turn on Vivid, advanced, you will now have a slider to adjust the vividness.
0 Likes
MrStimpy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Agreeded!!! Vividness scale does nothing.
0 Likes
Manoj_indupalli
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Same experience and had a devastating feeling regarding Fold 6 purchase.

- The colors seem washed out.

- No accuracy in colors and also the overall screen got a greyish tint.

** Checked all the settings including vividness, color enhancements, etc., But nothing helped.

Need a quick fix, so that we can plan for a return or something without extra delay

Cutlass516
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I'm hesitant to return my z fold 4 for the trade in because of this issue.
0 Likes
Members_vYjfudW
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

The vividness slider worked for me.  Make sure eye comfort shield is turned off then go to screen mode, advanced settings and you should see the slider.  My pictures are great now.

JomezZ14
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

queried this to samsung and this is what thay have to say.

The Z Fold6 colours and brightness have been adjusted for more accurate and comfortable vision while using. It has made some changes to the display technology to offer a more natural viewing experience, so you may notice differences in colour depth when compared to older devices. This concept of behaviour on the display is and intended colour adjustment and is not a defect of the product, so you can use it with confidence.

If ā€œEye Comfort Shieldā€ and ā€œAdaptive Colour Toneā€ are enabled, you will not be able to adjust the White Balance level and its Advanced Settings. So you may not see much difference between Natural and Vivid. Try disabling some of the above features and swap viewing modes to find the best fit for you.

We don't have any more information about a software update at this stage, please keep checking via Settings > Software update > Download and install.

0 Likes