JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Fold 6 and Audible Incompatible?

(Topic created: Tuesday)
Maris
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I have used Audible for Samsung for years on my Samsung phones. Since I got my Fold 6 it no longer plays reliably, and don't even try to use the timer if it finally starts playing. 

I have cleared cache, removed and re-inatalled multiple times, tried the Play Store version (same results), nothing works. I still have a Note 20 Ultra I dug out and it works perfectly with the same latest version of Audible, so I am fairly certain it is a Fold 6 issue. 

Does anyone with a Fold 6 have a problem getting Audible to play without stuttering constantly?

5 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@Maris I use Audible for Samsung on my Fold 6. I haven't had any issues and it works great. 

Have you checked to see if the battery optimization is configured for Audible? 

0 Likes
Maris
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Thanks for the response. I have it set to unrestricted in app settings. Is there anywhere else I could have missed?

0 Likes
Maris
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Good Lock has a screen wakeup history that doesn't mention Audible by name, but shows Android System "unknown reason (15)" that displays every time the Audible book chapter changes.

I have now removed all installed apps that were transferred over from my previous phone and didn't see any difference, checking after removing each. Yesterday I got a play Store notice for updates and there was an Audible update I immediately grabbed, cleared its Cache and restarted my phone. I can now play the app, use the timer, but have one last problem where it keeps turning on my phone screen every chapter change in the book. I made sure Audible is set for no notifications and no lock screen but it still wakes my screen.

At least I can use the Audible app now, but I would love to discover how to stop the wake screen final problem. It has been a huge challenge for me.

0 Likes
Solution
Maris
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Found the cause! After removing all apps transferred from my previous phone to this one, I discovered one I had missed called "edge lighting" that I thought was a Samsung app, but turned out to be a leftover from a much older phone, and isn't even on the Play Store any more. Removing that app solved everything. Determination pays off. 

Thanks to @LongHiker  for responding, very appreciated. 

LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@Maris That is great news! 

0 Likes