Original topic:

Galaxy flip4 powering off when screen is closed?

(Topic created: Friday)
Jeski05
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Hey, was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this too. I JUST started having this problem today. 

I flipped my phone shut and it powered off, just out of the blue. Nothing prompting it. And every time I close my phone, it powers off. It doesn't do this if I leave it unfolded, but as soon as I fold it, it will automatically shut down. 

This is very frustrating because my text messages keep lagging and I don't receive them right away after booting my phone back on.

Edit: I just did a diagnostic test, it said everything was normal.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Jeski05
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I tried all of those and they did not help
0 Likes
JustasJ6
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Yes phone is absolute rubbish. Happened to me few days ago out of the blue and I guarantee Samsung would never give answers about their bad quality product since it is out of warranty (1 year - hello?) 999 UK pounds for a phone that was decent for 1 year and almost unusable after 2 years. Switching to iPhone and never looking back

0 Likes
Jeski05
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Not defending samaung, but I believe it's just the type of phone. My family got the galaxy s23 and they haven't had any problems. With a flip phone, there's way more things to go wrong. I still agree their warranty should cover this. Once I can trade this thing in, I may look into an iPhone as well. At least there's more stores I can take my phone into to get fixed. I had to ship my phone out when it needed to get fixed because of the hinge

0 Likes