JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No audio on Galaxy Z Fold 3

(Topic created: 04-03-2023 11:48 AM)
Pink_is_Life
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
After a software update in January, my phone started getting stuck in the phone after. I was able to make a phone call but the app would not disconnect at the end of the call. I had to shut down my phone and then the restart loop kept happening. The phone would start back up and would not progress past the Samsung screen and proceed to the t mobile screen to allow me to use my phone at all. I would have to hard reset the phone about six to 12 times before it would actually boot back up. I also noticed if the phone was fully opened then the phone would never reboot fully. I would have to close my phone and do a hard reset about 6 times(yeah I got it figured out) in order for the phone to restart. 

Then I would receive phone calls and as soon as I press the answer button the call would disconnect. When I checked my settings, if I go to change the ring tone, or any audio setting, I get a pop-up message in the settings that says, "Sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file." These are native Samsung ringtones. I have not rooted the phone or done anything other than regular use. My texts work fine to send and receive but I can now only receive notifications by vibration only. I'm sleeping with the phone under my pillow so I can feel the alarm every morning. 

So, since January, I have not been able to make or receive any phone calls or get any voice-mail. This phone was so expensive and it is a shame that it has been reduced to a tablet, but not even that. 

What I have tried:

Factory reset 3 times - audio never came back 
Put the phone in safe mode 3 times - audio does not work at all in safe mode
Tried the mode where you press and hold the power button and volume up button at the same time to reset all app settings - still no audio
Went through each app that uses audio - cleared cache and stuff
Run the system test in the Members app - it fails all audio test, and battery failure test

Please help!
2 Replies
Pink_is_Life
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Also, I am currently running One UI 5.1
Solution
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@Pink_is_Life I recommend that you reach out to support to have the phone evaluated. 

You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service  or by contacting support at 1-800-726-7864.

For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html