JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung wallet disappeared on my Flip 5 when I updated s/w

(Topic created: 09-29-2023 07:29 AM)
ScooterTrash
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I had Samsung wallet pay on my cover screen via good lock and it was impressing everyone I paid during my vacation. Yesterday I did a software update and it removed it from the cover screen and it's not there to add back. 

The hardware is good but the software seems horrible.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
What update did you do Im fully updated on my Flip 5 and just checked and Samsung pay is still on the cover screen for me if I enable it in the Samsung Wallet app 1696011114652_1696011114643_0.jpg

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

7 Replies
ScooterTrash
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
The fact that they do not support their own software (Samsung wallet) on this hardware is abysmal. As soon as I'm back from vacation I'm looking for new phones. I just had a remote session with their customer support that was awful
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I highly recommend submitting an error report regarding this. Head to the Support tab of the Samsung Members app and find the "Send feedback" section. Doing this will ensure this matter reaches the correct dev team so they can investigate this further. It's very possible this feature was removed due to stability problems and might return very soon.
0 Likes
Solution
GaryB82
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
What update did you do Im fully updated on my Flip 5 and just checked and Samsung pay is still on the cover screen for me if I enable it in the Samsung Wallet app 1696011114652_1696011114643_0.jpg

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

ScooterTrash
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Oh you rock. Thank you so much. I didn't realize you enabled it from within the payment app. I was looking in settings and trying to add it to the default apps that they have listed.
0 Likes
ScooterTrash
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I chatted with someone in Samsung and who was on my phone and he knew less about the flip than I did.
GaryB82
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Your welcome Thanks for being a loyal customer 

0 Likes
ScooterTrash
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
The key to the solution is that it is not an app that shows up with the other apps. It is only available from the swipe up feature and that's fine but I didn't expect it.
0 Likes